Did Digitlife jump the gun announcing NV40?

Heathen said:
Me want mermaid...
Full credit to nVidia for another flash of marketing brilliance (seriously--no sarcasm intended). Dawn outdid the chimp, and I can't imagine what ATi could offer to outdo a mermaid, both in terms of plain appeal and fancy effects (water, light, hair, shimmering suit). A sexier animal, maybe, like a tiger or a polar bear? That allows for more family-friendly advertising in the sex-averse U.S., too. ;)

Pete said:
Heathen said:
Me want mermaid...
Full credit to nVidia for another flash of marketing brilliance (seriously--no sarcasm intended). Dawn outdid the chimp, and I can't imagine what ATi could offer to outdo a mermaid, both in terms of plain appeal and fancy effects (water, light, hair, shimmering suit). A sexier animal, maybe, like a tiger or a polar bear? That allows for more family-friendly advertising in the sex-averse U.S., too. ;)

yup. regardless of actual hardware comparison, nvidia's marketing
definitely is better than ati. mermaid/dawn's are definitely better
than chimp.

this time they are looking for "nemo" tie in?

ZenThought said:
yup. regardless of actual hardware comparison, nvidia's marketing
definitely is better than ati. mermaid/dawn's are definitely better
than chimp.

this time they are looking for "nemo" tie in?
Well, they are both going the female-thing, i´ll say "surprise" at this point, but a mermaid is a pretty darn good idea, that´s for sure.

digitalwanderer said:
Heathen said:
A re-done girly from Redeon's Ark Maybe?
I heard her name is "Alba", but I think that might have just been someone goofing around. (It is the same chic though. ;) )
The Dark Angel chic ? ;)

Pretty good idea, including some nifty transparency effects, i´ll go with that, too :)

Yawn it's a press release. Strangely enough, Gigabyte isn't on Digit-Life's list of vendors either

You heard it here first boys - while AMD's merely transitioning into the world of 64-bit computing, NVIDIA is really launching a next-generation 2048-bit computing part! ;) (128x32)

Regarding the mermaid - looking at that pic and how it all probably works, I expect the nude version to come out within 3 seconds of the official demo release :LOL: (and no I'm too lazy to do it myself this time around :p)

Uttar

It's close, very close. I wonder how long we will have to wait for a real review though and not those PR reviews. I'm mostly intrested in the synthetic benchmarks this time around now that i've learnt to read them more. Instead of stupidity ala 3dmark03 score only.

To answer the topic question. Yes

Pete said:
Heathen said:
Me want mermaid...

Ok - the mermaid looks nice, and so did Dawn, but we all know that Pipe Dream was the best tech demo.
Just like dawn this mermaid appears to be in a bland empty envirnment. A tail is less impressive than legs since its requires less geometry. The hair - looks nice, but surely animating the movement of hair in a gravityless environment requires less work.

Pete said:
Heathen said:
Me want mermaid...

A polar bear on a field of ice should really show off a new graphics card. See the photo below my text.

beat that!!

Back