R420 and R423 details from HardOCP

It strongly appears to have been stolen and translated off another website and fobbed off as their own secret info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Cali3350
$300 for a 8 pipe, 128 mem bus part? Going against a 16pipe 256 bus part with the same clock speeds? These figures CANNOT be right.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brent:
they aren't

If you look on the front page just to the right there is a new ati banner with a girl on it and talking about the secret weapon again.

Cali3350 said:
$300 for a 8 pipe, 128 mem bus part? Going against a 16pipe 256 bus part with the same clock speeds? These figures CANNOT be right.

brent:
they aren't

Was news to me atleast, sorry if it wasted your time :?:

webmedic said:
If you look on the front page just to the right there is a new ati banner with a girl on it and talking about the secret weapon again.

Haven't seen a banner in ages (good ol' ad-mucher) :)

Cali3350 said:

brent:
they aren't
Thanks for that, good to hear Brent don't think it's going to be that either.

It will seem like a year :D
Nah, it'll fly by. The next two weeks will be filled with over-analysis up the yim-yam about the nV40 and oodles of rumors about the R420...I expect 'em to be quite enjoyable. :)

carpediem said:
webmedic said:

Haven't seen a banner in ages (good ol' ad-mucher) :)

well I run a caching proxy server on linux gatway that yes does banner add munching I can also set it to do site filtering for things like schools to disallow access to content that is deemed not good for some vewers but I have just rebuilt the server and have not added the proxy stuff back to it yet.

Just found out my dad has cancer and so have not had much time for things lately.

[quote:HardOCP]Hard|OCP reports that various versions of the R420 will be branded as RADEON X800 PRO, RADEON X800 XT, RADEON X880 XT and RADEON X800 SE citing a “classified ATI documentâ€￾. The solutions will enable different number of rendering pipelines: 12, 16, 16, 8 and will function at clock-speeds of 500MHz, 600MHz, 600MHz and 450MHz respectively. Higher-end graphics cards will have 256 or 512MB of GDDR3 memory functioning at 1000 and 1200MHz for “PROâ€￾ and “XTâ€￾ parts. The performance-mainstream offering RADEON X800 SE will boast with 800MHz DDR memory with 128-bit bus.[/quote]

So if this is correct and the R420 does comeout with 16 pipes and 600 Mhz Clock with 1200 Mhz GDDR3, how much memory bandwidth are we looking at??

I know the NV40 with 16 pipes and 400Mhz Clock with 550 Mhz GDDR3 gives a memory Bandwidth of 35.2GB/sec(as per Dave's preview).

News Source: XBit Labs

Unknown Soldier said:
So if this is correct and the R420 does comeout with 16 pipes and 600 Mhz Clock with 1200 Mhz GDDR3, how much memory bandwidth are we looking at??

I know the NV40 with 16 pipes and 400Mhz Clock with 550 Mhz GDDR3 gives a memory Bandwidth of 35.2GB/sec(as per Dave's preview).

The "1200 Mhz" cited by HardOCP (if true), is actually 600 MHz GDDR3, or 50 Mhz more than the 550 on the 6800 Ultra.

600 Mhz GDDR3 on a 256 bit wide bus would yield 38.4 GB/sec.

991060 said:
I'd like to know how many people here think running a 160-180M chip at 600MHz is possible. :?:

I would say it's possible...especially if ATI decides to push it as hard as they can (ignore OEM power recommendations, use heavy duty cooling, etc) but I am expecting more along the lines of 500 MHz.

How about the yields under different clock requirement? Will there be a big delta between 500 and 600MHz ?

I heard rumors suggesting ATi is busy piling up 600MHz chips.

Will this require me to get a new power supply (400watt right now) cause they don't make silent power supplys any bigger than this and i really don't want a crap load of noise in my silent case .

Back