Pictures of the NGage 1.5 (or 2 ...or whatever)

olivier said:
By the way im a software developer for cel phone (driver and application, not game) and the ngage is the crapiess phone i have worked with.

I think IMHO that statement close the argument around the inner quality of that piece of hardware.

jvd said:
Not one mp3 player i've seen has wifi , cell phone abilitys , game play abilitys , mp3 playback abiltiys for 200$

That's not the point, we're talkin' about the Ngage as a failure attemp to achieve a "All-in-one" solution; The game capabilities are almost non-existent, the hardware is bad...the software is WORSE. The music part needs a MMC so it can not play anything out of the box. (Ign link

Ign said:
...while the included accessories may not be major (the lacking memory card to play MP3s is sorely missed), they do allow players to make good use of their game deck...
...the lack of an included memory card for MP3 and download storage is disappointing. Anyone remotely interested in listening to MP3s with their N-Gages should set aside some extra cash to pick up a memory card along with it.
)
MMC 64mo 35$

For the Cellphone (Third time it has been posted in this only topic http://www.sidetalkin.com)

talking-3.jpg

:p

More about the cellphone, the game can't be hot swapped (in Ngage 0.9 :) ) so you have to switch off the mobile...open the case ... remove the battery...put the MMC...then do the same process back...to finally switch on your Ngage...with the Pin code process...

This new design can be "interresting" at least if (as marconelly! stated before ) there was a game that i would actually like to play...

Personally, i don't understand how someone can "defend" the first Ngage.
Except if someone like to be the devil advocate, and/or is tired to see so much Ngage bashing...

I read in a review (Shacknews maybe?) that not only did it look stupid while talking, it was just terrible to talk on even at full volume.

Also, I wouldn't want to answer a sidetalkin' N-Gage in a business meeting either. :p

jvd said:
has everything to do with it, because for less money you can get a device that has *much* bigger storage capacity, faster song transfer, and much better interface, thus haveing better music playback functionality.

yes but while they offer more music capacity they don't offer any games to play

Unless you count ipod and are a die hard hearts fan you have no arguement.

Not one mp3 player i've seen has wifi , cell phone abilitys , game play abilitys , mp3 playback abiltiys for 200$

Name me one device that does all that and does it better than the ngage .

Just because a product is unique doesn't make it any good..

Just because a product is unique doesn't make it any good..

well so far all i have heard is it looks stupid when talking into it .

Well hey its primary function is a video game system. It does that quite well. I don't use it as a phone but my buddy does and he says it sounds fine .

Yes the swapping of the games is a pain in the ass but its the only negative i can see with the systems. The games are slightly better than gba games and considering it cost me less than a gba and i can play tony hawk against my friend it was not a bad deal .

So far its the best system that is a phone , mp3 player and video game system on the market .

Well hey its primary function is a video game system. It does that quite well. I don't use it as a phone but my buddy does and he says it sounds fine .

I can't imagine that, since it's design doesn;t elude to it having a any primary function in particular.

I'd agree with an earlier observation, it's an multi-jack-of-all-trades product thus no particular (funational) focus.

A-GPS

marconelly! said:
Just to make it clear, I'm talking about GPS as in Global Positioning System, not GPRS that most phones have nowadays, and that allows for wireles internet. I'd really like to know what is that small cellphone that has GPS!

As I've said, I'm not interested in the possible cellphone aspect of the PSP.

Search for "A-GPS", Assisted Global Positioning System. Combination of UMTS/GPRS cell location and GPS. Map-Data comes from phone provider via UMTS/GPRS. Usable in europe at least in england and austria.

phones:
http://www.drei.at/SelectMenu.wa?seIDM=C8B1DC67-2338-42C5-BD13-FBB828AAA4D4

tech: http://www.areamobile.de/specials/special_agps_drei.php
(with video)

OK, I guess that stuff is not available in Canada (yet). What I'm hoping from PSP's GPS is that it will allow for gaming relevant to that device and gamers' postion in the real world. Or at least, a nice 3D representation of major cities, and a street finder system.

So far its the best system that is a phone , mp3 player and video game system on the market.
I would say that title goes to a device 'O2', which is a Pocket PC and a phone at the same time. It has much bigger and better screen, and there's simply a better selection of good emulators for that device (SNES, Lucasarts Adventures...), which makes it better gaming device, IMO. Being a PDA, it offers tons more things as well, obviously. It's definitely more expensive than nGage, though.

It's just the new version of N-Gage. Have a look at this months Edge for an article on the revised system and an interview with a Nokia PR guy.

Back