nVnews shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ...

I'm going to PM you a picture of a tranny pen0z. ;) :LOL:

Hanners said:
ragejg said:
ummm, look...

Uh, our pen0ses are going to explode soon if we don't stop. I'm stoppin now, cuz I wanna get some maybe like tomorrow nite, and I don't think a shredded pen0s will help me at all...

deflate, guys... exhale, and deflate...

;)

Did you have to leave us with that mental image? :LOL: ;)

Bjorn said:
Quitch said:
Bjorn said:
What's wrong with the Halo conclusion ?

He goes from a Radeon 9xxx Pro to a GeForce FX, a card which is known to have inferior capabilities when it comes to PS2.0. He then concludes that the equal framerate means you can't improve there till next gen, failing to take into account that only a move to a new processor and a 9800 XT with no change would have shown that. Even then you could have concluded it was the CPU not the GPU that led to the boost.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-09.html

I don't see the huge improvements in speed just by going to a 9800 XT.

Which was irrelevant to the point he was making, since he didn't quote that source, rather used flawed data to draw this conclusion.

EDIT: Woah, I replied to this on page 5 without checking the rest of the thread... kinda wandered from the point, didn't it?

Well....this has been entertaining.......NOT! DW(and anyone else posting in the absurd thread), face it, nVNews is an nVidia fan site, accept the bias, it's in the name of the place. There was a period of time when, due to a very bad product, when it began to take a more holistic view of itself and the market...... but that seems to have been a path those in authority there have decided to backtrack from, which is their choice. I also understand the disappointment of the changes over there....and I now rarely visit anymore.... I only lurk there to find information that I might need as the owner of nVidia products...... same as I do at R3D. And, yes, DC, I own both ATI & nVidia! ;)

And, you guys visiting from nVNews, the best way to handle this would have been to be totally honest from the beginning. MikeC made an error when he posted the info by not prefacing it properly. He should have placed his apology on the front page with the article, not in a post burried in the forums. That's the only thing that should have happened..... and the rest of you should only have sent one person from nVNews to post only a copy/link of said apology. To come here and get in pissing matches demeans both B3d and nVNews......

Guys....please try and understand that the internet is a great place to find information....and an even better place to find misinformation! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back