nVnews shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClyssaN said:
Their attitude or lack off, with users like nforceman is just wrong i think, the way users like that one behaves just contributes to flame wars... its not like they are calling names or something, but just to provoke.

Of course i wont stop visiting nvnews just beacuse one or two moderatores or users...
I hate nForceMan. That guy constantly starts flame wars and calls anyone that looks and something objectively or that doesn't have the same preferences as him a fan boy. I am especially peeved that they just let him go on and on without any question because of his preference. He pushed me over the top the other day and being the mature one I didn't reply to his post...I did however report it. Do you think the mods did anything about the post? reply to me? or even warn nForceMan? Nope... Needless to say I have just about lost it and the next time I don't think I will be able to hold me temper back against that guy. Either that or I will just delete my account there...along with all my posts or something. The tone has definately changed over the past few months and not for the better. Since then I find myself visiting objective unbiased sites like Beyond3D a lot more than I visit there. What would I do without good old B3D? :)

On a side note...does this board remove any references to fanboys? If I have f a n b o y (remove the spaces) it gets removed from my post...but if I seperate it into two words it doesn't. hehe Automatic Fan Boy Repellant :LOL: Now there is a good concept. 8)

nelg said:
I am surprised that Skuzzy posts there.

Does he still? He joined up to EB a while back and I thought he did so because he was tired of putting up with the BS over at nVnews.

It was around the time they totally dissed John R if I'm recalling correctly.

I'm not seeing the big deal here. The news entry indicated that MikeC had gotten a new system with an A64. He made a rough comparison with his old system, which he gave to his son.

I'm not seeing any shennanigans here if he's just saying his new system (not just processor, not just video card) is faster than his old one.

It's not like it's a full on formal review with supposedly hyper-accurate testing results.

I don't really go often enough to Nvnews to know anything about any other alleged bias.

MaxPower_NVN said:
@Digi...

Good grief man...slow day for you or something? Too cold yet to go outside and do some actual fishing? What is it?

Have you read Mike's post addressing the knee jerkers out there?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=294945&postcount=6

As for the tired conspiracy theory stuff...erm (not sure why I bother)...one guy was gone long before the other and last time I checked |JuiceZ| is still with us. :rolleyes:

edit: spelling

I don't see any mention of a "conspiracy", what I see is people in this thread noting that this comparison is

a) meaningless

b) part of what they see as a decline in the standards at nvnews

Why can a site not be knocked, without people complaining about all the conspiracy theories? I too think that the nvnews forums have gone downhill recently, which is a shame, because it was less than a year ago everyone was commenting on what a good job they were making of handling the nVidia situation.

MaxPower_NVN said:
@Digi...

Good grief man...slow day for you or something? Too cold yet to go outside and do some actual fishing? What is it?

I don't fish, it tends to bore the living daylights out of me. As for "slow day", I've just been swapping around food from my old refrigerator to me new one and I just got done manhandling the bloody old fridge out to the garage by myself (down steps, FUN! :rolleyes: ) and I'm just now taking a break at 4pm to eat lunch before facing down me kids for evening dinner/bathy/bedtime.

Life is NOT slow!

Why didn't Chambers post that addendum on his frontpage if he was so interested in getting the truth out there Max? Huh?

Quitch said:
MaxPower_NVN said:
@Digi...

Have you read Mike's post addressing the knee jerkers out there?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=294945&postcount=6

As for the tired conspiracy theory stuff...erm (not sure why I bother)...one guy was gone long before the other and last time I checked |JuiceZ| is still with us. :rolleyes:

edit: spelling

I don't see any mention of a "conspiracy", what I see is people in this thread noting that this comparison is

a) meaningless

b) part of what they see as a decline in the standards at nvnews

Why can a site not be knocked, without people complaining about all the conspiracy theories? I too think that the nvnews forums have gone downhill recently, which is a shame, because it was less than a year ago everyone was commenting on what a good job they were making of handling the nVidia situation.
I say conspiracy because of the allusions that we are biased, poor word association on my part perhaps but you get the idea. There is a select minority of people that find it fashionable to lob rocks at the nV News glass house and I just don't get it (well I do but it's not worth acknowledging). As far as I know, you have not/will not see our staff doing the same towards other sites.

digitalwanderer said:
MaxPower_NVN said:
@Digi...

I don't fish, it tends to bore the living daylights out of me. As for "slow day", I've just been swapping around food from my old refrigerator to me new one and I just got done manhandling the bloody old fridge out to the garage by myself (down steps, FUN! :rolleyes: ) and I'm just now taking a break at 4pm to eat lunch before facing down me kids for evening dinner/bathy/bedtime.

Life is NOT slow!

Why didn't Chambers post that addendum on his frontpage if he was so interested in getting the truth out there Max? Huh?
Not slow for me either. I'm watching my two boys today (I know you can relate) ;).

I don't know, perhaps it is because the majority of people don't see it as you do (check the responses in that thread). You could always PM him and ask him for yourself.

MaxPower_NVN said:
I don't know, perhaps it is because the majority of people don't see it as you do (check the responses in that thread). You could always PM him and ask him for yourself.

Just a neat observation Max, but did you notice how everyone on your site seems to see nothing wrong with it and don't think it's any big deal but that everyone not on your site seems to think it's another one someone tried to slip under the wire to make nVidia look better?

Just an observation for you to think about, please do. (And I'm already dealing with Vamp on this over at EB so can we try and keep this one civil please? )

I don't see the point in PMing Chambers anymore, last time I did he just told me I was wrong and it wasn't any of my concern as it was a staff issue. :(

digitalwanderer said:
MaxPower_NVN said:

Just a neat observation Max, but did you notice how everyone on your site seems to see nothing wrong with it and don't think it's any big deal but that everyone not on your site seems to think it's another one someone tried to slip under the wire to make nVidia look better?

Just an observation for you to think about, please do. (And I'm already dealing with Vamp on this over at EB so can we try and keep this one civil please? )

I don't see the point in PMing Chambers anymore, last time I did he just told me I was wrong and it wasn't any of my concern as it was a staff issue. :(

I honestly don't see it as being a big deal. It looked to me that it was just a personal blurb, not exactly what I would bother putting on a news site, but nothing to get excited over.

It just doesn't seem that important.

digitalwanderer said:
Well i don't know but for me an Ati/Nv/etc site is by essence biased. So, i don't really see what's your point. :?:

Evildeus said:
digitalwanderer said:
Well i don't know but for me an Ati/Nv/etc site is by essence biased. So, i don't really see what's your point. :?:
Who said I had a point, is that like a requirement now or something? :|

digi... is it in your genes to start shit and spread fud all over the internet?

or do you just do this to pass the time? same with volt @ EB..

GET THE F*CKING FACTS BEFORE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A BLITHERING IDIOT...

if you don't want to post somewhere or don't like a particular boards line of thinking fair enough... however the unhealthy infatuation you and volt have about everything nvnews just seems bizarre... I can respect JR for maintaining his distance when he has said he would... and I respect tim for being a sane voice in the middle of the volt/digi/scott threads bashing the site...

BTW... what mike wrote that you never even mentioned here...

I spent last weekend upgrading my main PC to an AMD Athlon 64 3400+. I gave the Athlon XP 3000+ system I had been using to my older son as we retired his 1GHz Pentium 3. I outfitted the Athlon 64 with AOpen's AK89 Max motherboard (nForce3 150), two 512MB sticks of Corsair XMS DDR400 memory, and two Western Digital 80GB hard drives.

The AK89 uses Realtek's Gigabit Ethernet for onboard networking, which performs very well. However, I am disappointed with Realtek's 5.1 Channel onboard audio as is emits much more background static than the nForce2 onboard audio. I noticed that NVIDIA's latest beta audio drivers added support for Realtek's ALC655 codec, which may help. If not, I will look into buying an add-in sound card.
The Athlon 64 appears to performing as expected when looking at the Unreal Tournament 2003 botmatch benchmark results below.

But we also see that Halo paints a different picture :) Maybe the next generation of GPUs will give it a boost in performance.
Update: I looked through my box of spare computer parts and found a Sound Blaster Live Value sound card. I found that it did a significantly better job than the on-board Realtek ALC655 at eliminating background noise. This discussion in the General Hardware forum has gotten me to consider the newer Audigy 2.

please point out to me exactly WHERE it is he makes any mention of the graphics card? please also point out how exactly this has become something concerning nvnews again?

IF you don't like the place... fine... don't post there... but obviously a few people who are no longer posting there somehow seem to have taken it upon themselves to post FUD... and unfortunately seeing your big post count a lot of other people on this board and others take your word as fact... UNFORTUNATELY this is not the case...

I will reiterate... you are basically a trouble maker @ this point in time... we don't need this thread... we don't need the thread on EB though that is your domain and you can do whatever the hell it is you want over there...

I fail to see EB bashing threads or b3d bashing threads @ nvnews... why is that?

IF you feel vindicated by spreading volt's propaganda all over the place perhaps you should change the title in your sig to DIGITAL WANDERER : volt's color commentator...

further...

Accept my apologies if I mislead anyone, but that was not my intention. My goal was to show how two popular games, that are widely used as benchmarks, react differently depending on the CPU being used. Unreal Tournament 2003 thrives with the Athlon 64 while Halo does not.

I could have left out mentioning the graphics cards since switching them around would make little difference in performance. At least that is what I have been led to believe in the reviews I have read.

Contrary to popular belief, I was not intentionally trying to degrade the Radeon 9800 Pro. I have used it often and I chose to install it in the system I had been using before giving the system to my son.

the fact that most of the people who have commented have not even bothered to read the rest of the stuff and just jumped to a conclusion just makes me sad... to those who actually bothered to dbl check the facts and have posted the same... its appreciated...

keep in mind that nvnews has now been bashed for some team members leaving (thats an internal matter between them and mike... non of my business)... for having crappy boards and board members (I do take offense to this as I think people on b3d would if the board was bashed on other forums).. and for using vb3 (wtf? what the hell does this have to do with anything? vb3 has excellent features that if utilised properly enhance user experience... our boards [not talking about nvnews here]have been using vb3 rc's for ages and its fabulous) among other reasons...

I can only hope that someday these ludicrous posts that have nothing more than someone's personal agenda against someone else will end... and digi will consider stopping his FUD... :rolleyes:

How you can make a mountain out of a molehill is beyond me. Mike's post was reflection of his change from a Athlon XP system to Athlon64 system which clearly he was excited about.

True it isn't an apples to apples comparision but to get your nickers in a twist about such trivial matters is really nothing but reactionary at best. It is not even a review as such but surely a conspiracy can be imagined by those with the most imaginative of minds

MUYA said:
How you can make a mountain out of a molehill is beyond me. Mike's post was reflection of his change from a Athlon XP system to Athlon64 system which clearly he was excited about.

True it isn't an apples to apples comparision but to get your nickers in a twist about such trivial matters is really nothing but reactionary at best. It is not even a review as such but surely a conspiracy can be imagined by those with the most imaginative of minds

Digi just didn't understand why it should've been done this way - and then suddenly everybody flashed out his own NVN-problem, mostly regarding its ridiculously primitive forum
Not a surprise, actually...

post-count-increasing blither...

I'm sickened anytime criticism is brought up in this manner regarding ANY site, as the attacks are usually indirect and pot-shot-ish...

Now, about nvnews... can any of you accept the fact that the site IS legitimately run, with good intentions, and like any other site, experiences staff changes that alter the way the site is run? And sometimes it is honestly difficult to duplicate the feel that existed with "the older crew" ... Jeebus, the core crew is really trying to keep things informative, unbiased, friendly and helpful, myself included...

If there are issues that affect the balance of the site, the rest assured, Mike, Juice, Muya, myself, and the rest of the crew are aware of it, and are working on a solution...

Do you all think that the image you're percieving is some intentionally hostile motive of the staff? C'mon... we just like the rest of the community intend to maintain an informative and helpful site and forum member base.

Sorry, I'm not gonna dip into the fodder in this post, I see that plenty of you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back