nVnews shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Volt posted this up over at EB, but I thought some here would find it "interesting" too:

Volt over at EB said:
Oh noes!

What kind of a comparison is that? :oops:

off nvnews home page.

benchmarks.png

Note the CPUs used in each test.... :rolleyes:

Yea well, it is a CPU comparison but two different cards and certainly not stressing the CPU. Just thought it was odd heh :)

I lurk often rage3d and nvnews forum and i have to say that nvnews staff is a bit strange lately, acting more as fanboys than most of the forum members.
It is hard to not notice Vampireuk flame posts and biased moderation :)

PatrickL said:

I was just reading an nVnews feedback "love-in" thread defending Vamps rampant bashing/flaming/trolling 'tween a bunch of remaining mods there Sazar, and Saturnatako. :rolleyes:

:sadpanda:

PatrickL said:
I lurk often rage3d and nvnews forum and i have to say that nvnews staff is a bit strange lately, acting more as fanboys than most of the forum members.

agreed

PatrickL said:

Nice that I'm not the only one noticing that.

volt said:
Yea well, it is a CPU comparison but two different cards and certainly not stressing the CPU. Just thought it was odd heh :)

Yeah right. UT2003 botmatch doesn't stress the cpu at all.. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that you guys get upset about stuff like this. No wonder heart attacks and mental illness are common around here. :LOL:

IbaneZ said:
volt said:

I can't believe that you guys get upset about stuff like this. No wonder heart attacks and mental illness are common around here. :LOL:
We're not upset, we're noting...big difference.

If I were upset you'd know it, trust me. 8)

I believe the direction of the bias comes from the head honcho, I saw the true colors of that site a while back when a certain cancelled GPU (NV30) got a award for best GPU and the author was trying to convince everyone he was correct to present that award. Chambers threated banning members, locking threads..whatever.

Too many people have left Nvnews for 'unknown' reasons...

IbaneZ said:
volt said:

Point is, this isnt a fair comparison regardless limitations. Obviously if you want to show CPU performance scale, you'd use same graphic cards and lowest settings. If that's how the author decided to compare the two CPUs, I would just love to see the other side of the coin -- AMD64 + R9800P.

To me it is a big deal since it's on the front page and it bothers me. That's all :)

Doomtrooper said:
I believe the direction of the bias comes from the head honcho, I saw the true colors of that site a while back when a certain cancelled GPU (NV30) got a award for best GPU and the author was trying to convince everyone he was correct to present that award. Chambers threated banning members, locking threads..whatever.

When was that? Is that one I've already seen or is this a new "incident"?

digitalwanderer said:
Doomtrooper said:

I think he's referring to when Peter Glaskowsky (I think that's his name, too lazy to go look it up) gave the NV30 "Best Graphics Processor of 2002" when it was released (in early 2003 no less).

Which site gave the GF4 Ti4200 best graphics chip nod of 2002? I can't remember but I *think* it was Bjorn3d. Ahh, the fab process of speed binning truly was the best graphics chip brought to market in '02. :rolleyes:

Ya, that guys is just :oops: I'm amazed people read his website (best resource for technology :LOL:)) and refer to his articles . He recently wrote one up titled GHz Considered Harmful. Anyone actually read it? :LOL:

Ratchet said:
I think he's referring to when Peter Glaskowsky (I think that's his name, too lazy to go look it up) gave the NV30 "Best Graphics Processor of 2002" when it was released (in early 2003 no less).
No, no...the guys name was Peter Glaskowhatshisface, I remember it clearly. ;)

I didn't think that was when nVnews jumped the shark, you really think it's been that long? (I mark Baron/Volt/Juice parting their ways from nVnews as being around the time)

John Reynolds said:
Which site gave the GF4 Ti4200 best graphics chip nod of 2002? I can't remember but I *think* it was Bjorn3d. Ahh, the fab process of speed binning truly was the best graphics chip brought to market in '02. :rolleyes:

There were probably dozen of sites giving that award :)

Ratchet said:
digitalwanderer said:
Doomtrooper said:

yep.

I like nvews, if i remember correctly, i visit that site every day (same with beydon3d and rage3d) since the begining ( diferents usernames though), but recently, the "tone" has changed, i really dont like theirs automated response to everyone that says something they dont like about the forum, like this one: "If you dont like it here, just leave... bye", of course some members deserve that reply but they are saying it to much i think.

Their attitude or lack off, with users like nforceman is just wrong i think, the way users like that one behaves just contributes to flame wars... its not like they are calling names or something, but just to provoke.

Of course i wont stop visiting nvnews just beacuse one or two moderatores or users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back