Architecture and Products - read-only: temporary or permanent?

Not sure under what circumstances we are supposed to report posts. I've only ever reported posts when they are botspam. There's a thread in the Graphics and Semiconductor Industry forum that I wanted to participate in, but I read a couple pages of it and it's full of bullshit (one post ends with something like "go back to neogaf" lol). So I decided not to continue posting in that thread. This is sad :(

IMO similar renaming along specific IHV topics might have prevented the issues encountered in Architecture & Products forum. That way people who want to discuss the merits of a particular technology do not have to deal with the "have not" thread derailers. Their ignore list can include the IHV section so they won't be drawn into trolling and will be fairly easy to spot and ban a derailer immediately.

IMO similar renaming along specific IHV topics might have prevented the issues encountered in Architecture & Products forum. That way people who want to discuss the merits of a particular technology do not have to deal with the "have not" thread derailers. Their ignore list can include the IHV section so they won't be drawn into trolling and will be fairly easy to spot and ban a derailer immediately.

They did something similar at HardOCP with IHV specific forums. It seemed to work eventually but it required lots of moderation at first IIRC.

They did something similar at HardOCP with IHV specific forums. It seemed to work eventually but it required lots of moderation at first IIRC.
Is that around the time they started doing "real world testing"? Before or after? I don't follow their forums that closely, just occasionally show up to play. ;)

I disagree. We already had that. The fans / shills still shitposted every single chance they got.
I wasn't sure it was tried here. I believe Anandtech has IHV's split into sub-forums and Guru3D into forums.
Not sure about Anandtech but I rarely see moderator action at Guru3D as they tend to let disputes play out and eventually disappear.

I wasn't sure it was tried here. I believe Anandtech has IHV's split into sub-forums and Guru3D into forums.
Not sure about Anandtech but I rarely see moderator action at Guru3D as they tend to let disputes play out and eventually disappear.
I hope your not comparing B3D to those two forums! :confused:

Back