Windows 11 [2021]

@pcchen are there any sub folders in accessibility if not could you put one in there and see if it shows up on the start menu

I tested putting a nested folder and move something into the folder, and it still "flattens" everything so it still looks the same.

anyone got any idea how to use autoHDR to convert SDR videos to HDR?

or any other apps available on windows that can do that in realtime? preferably also work for videos on web broeswer

The removed list of processors though are Xeons which are part of Intel's server lineup. The CPUs removed from the list are given below. The new list also contains a few new Ryzen models, including one that has never been mentioned by AMD itself:

The Xeons CPUs listed above are based on Intel's Coffee Lake, the company's 8th generation Core processors, whose desktop parts, like the i7-8700K, and i5-8400, among others, are, still on the supported processor list. But the Xeons above, are on paper, no longer Windows 11 compatible. We do wonder why Microsoft made such a change seeing how other Xeon models are still there.

Windows 11, Microsoft's latest operating system, has exhibited recurring notifications promoting Bing as the preferred search engine, even when users operate non-Edge browsers. This deviation has been highlighted due to its potential to disrupt user interactions, especially during gameplay.
Tom Warren of The Verge recently reported an unexpected disruption caused by what he referred to as a "malware-like pop-up" during his gaming activity. Remarkably, Warren's experience occurred while utilizing Google Chrome concurrently with his game. The notification, diverging from typical Windows 11 alerts, is an executable file found in the aforementioned directory and is authenticated digitally by Microsoft. While this may meet legal stipulations, it raises questions about the extent of Microsoft's data collection and scrutiny, even encompassing user engagements on rival browsers.

Addressing the issue, Microsoft conveyed to The Verge that it recognizes the concerns presented and has instituted a temporary halt on this specific notification's deployment. This cessation intends to allow a thorough examination of the situation and to ensure corrective actions are enforced.

Finally got to try Win 11 and I hate the startmenu
I get something that looks like this :
1693996087114.png

How do I get a normal startmenu like windows 10
1693996163635.png

EDIT :
Found a solution

What does that program do ?
when i see things like this on the git hub page it makes me think this is for windows 10
Windows 10 Start menu: Fixed a bug that prevented centering on Windows 10

I hate the startmenu
I get something that looks like this :
You can't even turn off the Recommended Items section.
You can turn off the stuff in it but the section stays there & the same size.
Also you can't make the pinned programs area bigger either like you could on Win10.
Its just absolutely unacceptable trash.

You can't even turn off the Recommended Items section.
You can turn off the stuff in it but the section stays there & the same size.
Also you can't make the pinned programs area bigger either like you could on Win10.
Its just absolutely unacceptable trash.
You can reduce it's size though (More Pins option)

What does that program do ?
when i see things like this on the git hub page it makes me think this is for windows 10

It allows you to go with a Windows 10 style (looks, behavior or both) Start Menu, Taskbar and/or Explorer shell along with a few other settings to revert to Windows 10 style behavior.

Valinet's Explorer Patcher is the only reason I "upgraded" (more like side grade at best) to Windows 11. Without it, I would uninstall Windows 11 and go back to Windows 10. Windows 11 is the anti-productivity Windows (from a UI and behavior standpoint).

However, be aware that a few months back, Microsoft changed how windows handles pinning items to the Windows 11 Start Menu, so for the moment there's a bit of a workaround to be able to pin and unpin apps from the Windows 10 start menu in ExplorerPatcher.

Regards,
SB

Thanks, installed itunes on win11 and I coundnt for the life of me figure out how to put an itunes shortcut on the desktop. on win10 i could click on the shortcut on the taskbar and drag it onto the desktop win11 wouldnt let me.
couldnt right click on the shortcut and do a copy paste

Back