Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

Finished Red Matter 2 (even platinumed lol, very easy plat). Realy enjoyed, amazing vr graphics for an indie studio (to be fair even for aaa studio as its maybe not most complex/detailed game but sharpest psvr2 title also materials reflectiveness done very nicely). Liked mistery atmosphere with spooky music, thx to narration another room with puzzles wasnt usually that laborious like in many other puzzle games (even imo in portal 1/2). Things I think could be done better is interface. I constantly had to change mode to scanning then grap mode and very often flash mode activated even I didnt want it. Other bigger problem was variety of gameplay. Started to get repetitive after few hours. Its also not longest game (tough I had to spent some time on one of the last puzzle and has 9h so not that bad but for sure some will complete it around 6h). For me its 3rd best currently available psvr2 game after GT7 and Village. 8.5/10

So now I played a bit of Call of the Mountain and it's actually really good, plus I don't seem to be getting any motion sickness like I did with PS VR1. But the most fun I've had so far is with the Star Wars game, shooting a blaster is so much fun :D

Shame they don't have the reef or shark cage demo though, that would have been cool!

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
I think it was John on a DF Weekly a few episodes back who was speculating on whether PSVR2 on PC would be technically viable. With PS5, Sony engineering the front USB-C port to output video whereas most USB-C ports on most gamings PCs have no way to output video over USB-C.
So they didn't use standard usb c DP alt mode?

So they didn't use standard usb c DP alt mode?
I don't believe there is a a standard DP Alt mode for VR. Of course, when you control both the host (PS5) and display (PSVR2), what you pack into frame data to be interpreted by the display device is up to you. I'm watching the various attempts to reverse engineer PSVR2 for PC with interest.

I don't believe there is a a standard DP Alt mode for VR. Of course, when you control both the host (PS5) and display (PSVR2), what you pack into frame data to be interpreted by the display device is up to you. I'm watching the various attempts to reverse engineer PSVR2 for PC with interest.
IIRC,
Its just side by side funneled thru dp alt mode. Awhile ago, Someone used that to use psvr2 without tracking

IIRC, Its just side by side funneled thru dp alt mode. Awhile ago, Someone used that to use psvr2 without tracking
Could be. There was VirtualLink which inexplicably failed to gain traction despite being backed by by AMD, HTC Vive, Nvidia, Oculus and Valve. :runaway:

Either way, I think the first challenge for gaming PCs is to get the video from the GPU to the VR connected USB-C port.

Finished Moss 2, realy good sequel. Graphics is better (some scenes realy beautiful), story is better, more puzzle variety, better boss fights (tough defenitly could be more of it). 8/10

Back