Value of Hardware Unboxed benchmarking *spawn

They are testing TLoU with Ultra-preset, but they do not test games with Raytracing. Can you explain that?
Not true. They tested F1 22 with RT enabled. Also, they tested most games with ultra preset so I don't see how testing TLoU at ultra is all that fishy.

Anyway, I'm done arguing against your silly proposition that the review is like a marketing video from AMD when it's clearly a negative review. Have a good one.

I was thinking to myself while reading the last two pages -- can I just set an entire thread to ignore, instead of individual users?

And then it occurred to me, the users in question really just do the same shit everywhere. So, I have like six more ignores in my list now :)

Ignore is a great feature.

Not true. They tested F1 22 with RT enabled. Also, they tested most games with ultra preset so I don't see how testing TLoU at ultra is all that fishy.

Anyway, I'm done arguing against your silly proposition that the review is like a marketing video from AMD when it's clearly a negative review. Have a good one.
its only negative because the 7600 has not enough VRAM. It isnt negative because these AMD products are just bad.

You dont see how manipulated this channel is? He is using the Ultra-preset in TLoU to showcase how 8GB, 10GB or 12GB are not enough, but he doesnt use Raytracing in any other game. Makes this sense to you? In which world would somebody play TLoU with Ultra-preset and 60FPS but no game with Raytracing and 90FPS?!

Here are the last 8 videos from them - 5 are just nVidia hate videos:
1685448788688.png

There is really nothing to discuss here. You either see their bias or you dont.

its only negative because the 7600 has not enough VRAM. It isnt negative because these AMD products are just bad.

You dont see how manipulated this channel is? He is using the Ultra-preset in TLoU to showcase how 8GB, 10GB or 12GB are not enough, but he doesnt use Raytracing in any other game. Makes this sense to you? In which world would somebody play TLoU with Ultra-preset and 60FPS but no game with Raytracing and 90FPS?!

View attachment 8970

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't like what or how nVidia is doing business lately. :yep2:

There was a time when they liked it?
Not really sure. Nothing against them but I've never been a big fan of Hardware Unboxed. Not due to bias or anything, the channel just doesn't really grab me. I really prefer written reviews so I can take my time and analyze a bit more, about the only tech channel I follow regularly is GamersNexus since I love their ethics, review style, and attitude...not to mention their technical excellence or their transparency about where they're not that knowledgeable.

Started following the channel after meeting Steve at an AMD eventin 2016 I think? Odd conversation for him. I had no clue who he was but I heard his last name was Burke so I asked him if his father's name was Steve since I'd gone to grade school with a Steve Burke and he was a dear friend who moved out west in the 70s. His father WAS named Steve, but it was a different one. We had a pleasant conversation and he was insanely cordial and accommodating. He seemed really nice so I thought I'd give it a try, never regretted it. :)

Not really sure.
Well, I've been watching them from circa 2016 till about the end of 2022.
Can't really remember the last time they've said anything good about Nvidia - RT was bad, DLSS was bad, all the products with some rare exceptions like 4090 were underwhelming to them, etc.
I mean they were the only (IIRC) YT h/w channel which Nvidia PR decided to cut ties with back in 2021 (IIRC again). And this wasn't only because "Nvidia is evil" (obviously) but also because their coverage of anything produced by Nvidia range from appalling to mediocre. And they are completely unable to admit their own mistakes. When I stopped watching HUB Steve was still regularly saying that Nvidia D3D12 CPU issues are due to "s/w scheduling" for example. The amount of FUD and misinformation they push onto their watchers is astounding sometimes.
So yeah, the sole fact that someone likes Nvidia doesn't mean that HUD isn't biased.

Don't remember them raving about Nvidia ever.
Do remember how "finewine" was "striking" about every second month or so though.
Or how Nvidia has "messed up" with "low level APIs" and every problem there was due to a lack of "async compute" apparently.
Etc
He highly recommended the Pascal GPUs. Nvidia was a poor experience in low level APIs but back then they weren't common. He was actually pretty positive about the 3080 as well, crypto prices aside.

Can't really remember the last time they've said anything good about Nvidia - RT was bad, DLSS was bad, all the products with some rare exceptions like 4090 were underwhelming to them, etc.
I noticed them saying DLSS has been a valuable advantage of Nvidia for more than a year.

I am inclined to discuss what bias lets you judge them by such a wild method.

I noticed them saying DLSS has been a valuable advantage of Nvidia for more than a year.

I am inclined to discuss what bias lets you judge them by such a wild method.
They have been positive about DLSS once version 2 hit. That was several years ago IIRC.

Did you watch the 7600 video review? Steve barely talks about the VRAM at all. His main complaint is that it delivers underwhelming performance for the price point.

Did you watch the 7600 video review? Steve barely talks about the VRAM at all. His main complaint is that it delivers underwhelming performance for the price point.
I dont watch their content. But i dont see a thumbnail which claims that the 7600 may be the worst card ever released.

Speaking of thumbnail, here is their latest video:
1685528364881.png

6 of the last 9 videos are hate videos about nVidia.

And this is PCWorlds thumbnail - they have reported it first:
1685528343793.png

I dont watch their content. But i dont see a thumbnail which claims that the 7600 may be the worst card ever released.
In the 7600 video they specifically said that they find the VRAM issue less significant on cheaper cards where you expect to have compromises, and that they expect to give the 4060 a more favourable review.

As far as thumbnails go, they are a terrible way of judging content, because they are designed to be misleading to attract clicks. It's much easier to get a higher clickthrough rate with negative titles, so all content is going to skew negative. It would be better to ignore their channel entirely than to appraise it based on thumbnail titles.

In the 7600 video they specifically said that they find the VRAM issue less significant on cheaper cards where you expect to have compromises
That doesn't make any sense either.
4060Ti is also "a cheaper card" and thus the expectations should be the same here.
Also Steve has been notorious in saying how you can use the highest texture settings on any GPU since that doesn't require any performance really, just enough VRAM. So on a 7600 it suddenly is different now?

Back