Dragon's Dogma 2 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC] - The same old DD you know and love, with more spice

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
seems to basically be the same as DD1?

looks like someone went overboard with reshade filters.

everything else like the magic, etc seems to be mostly the same. there's a new lion race it seems tho.

So excited, I absolutely adored the originals gameplay, graphically it was nothing amazing of course but good enough on PC running at 120+fps

It looks way better than dragon's dogma 1, the art style is very similar to the origina, but if you go back and play the original it's way more muddy and low res in all aspects compared to this
Yeah that's the spice.

Hopefully it'll be modable like the old game too.

How long has it been since you played the original? Even in a small, compressed video it looks tons better than the original.
yes, better foliage, better feather, better texture, and so on.

but the overall look is similar to DD1 (basically like how each battlefield/cod/destiny series looks similar, but with more spice for each newer series)

its been eons since i played the original. but i played the dark arisen version maybe a year ago.

btw this got me remember, where's "Deep down" ?

Last edited:
yes, better foliage, better feather, better texture, and so on.

but the overall look is similar to DD1 (basically like how each battlefield/cod/destiny series looks similar, but with more spice for each newer series)

its been eons since i played the original. but i played the dark arisen version maybe a year ago.

btw this got me remember, where's "Deep down" ?

If anything it looks like a full on remake from a not graphically strong 360/PS3 game, not an incremental update like you are suggesting.

Deep Down is dead as a doornail, sadly. I was looking forward to it since it was first being shown to showcase the Phanta Ray engine.

I wonder if some aspect of deep down got rolled into Dd2.

As it looks to be a good fit for dd. Especially it's like the dark arisen island, and like the original design for the infinite tower that was scrapped

My expectation seems to be skewed way too high due to demon souls remake, shadow of colossus remake, and a bunch of resident evil remakes

What is this strange new world? When did PC gamers switch from 'no Steam, no purchase'? 😉

In some regions Steam prices went up dramatically recently due to a change in pricing policy. Now, if a country isn't in the list of currency adjustments, it defaults to the US price unless the developer has explicitly set a price for that country on a per title basis.

I'm going to guess this is Steam's attempt to curtail rampant reselling of Steam keys bought in those countries to buyers in "Western" countries. This does place a burden on developers who want to keep low pricing in territories that Steam doesn't have automatic currency adjustments for, however.

Basically in some 3rd world countries, most people can no longer afford to buy games on Steam. Valve will have to do something about this as that's just going to drive those people back to piracy which Steam originally helped to make almost a non-factor (most of the people I know that used to pirate just buy their games on Steam now).

Regards,
SB

I think the most recent cases are Turkey and Argentina, where "official" rates differ significantly from "market" rates.
Games from Japanese companies tend to not have this regional prices though. For example, Dragon's Dogma 2 is NT$2,180 in Taiwan which is about US$70 (basically the same as in the US).

Back