Playstation Portal Remote Play Device

Sony should make a PS4Portable using the same emulation tech as is in the PS5. That should be a small investment and probably sell well.
But that would hold back all the games... šŸ¦œ

I'm assuming this thing works on remote play technology where you can essentially use your PS5 wherever you are if there is WiFi around from one of these?

As a companion piece to the PS5 I guess I can see the merit in it. Although I don't really care so much about cloud machines I know there are others who like things like GeForce now and xcloud or whatever.

Sony should make a PS4Portable using the same emulation tech as is in the PS5. That should be a small investment and probably sell well.

If it were to do anything other than be a streaming machine, that'd be the way I'd find more sensible to go. Put a modern AMD soc in there with similar arch to PS5, but aiming at solely achieving performance parity with PS4 and near full compatibility with its library.

It would compete with switch in that it would mostly be used to play last gen games on the go, comparatively smaller-scope/less demanding games (which can be pretty big and complex still, by today's standards) or butchered ports of next gen titles arriving months/years later.

Any new title targetting the portable would automatically play on ps4 too, and vice versa.

This should be technically possible, as the steam deck is already pretty close to thar performance wise.

Not sure there is place for purly stream handheld when phones + dedicated pads can do it but rather glad it is this and not proper handheld as dont want sony studios to spend time doing portable games.

It won't be for everyone but I actually like this because:

1. It will be far more comfortable to hold than any other handheld.

2. The hardware required for streaming is less expensive. This thing should be max $300. Ideally $250.

It won't be for everyone but I actually like this because:

1. It will be far more comfortable to hold than any other handheld.

2. The hardware required for streaming is less expensive. This thing should be max $300. Ideally $250.
Well it is ideal if you want to game in your home on a handheld when the TV is not available.
The Switch is literally a portable console and a proper handheld. This one, is more like the WiiU. Not even sure if can remote play from the internet while being out of your PS5's proximity.
Which means, expect the pet peaves of cloud gaming. Then again why buy this when you can buy this?

Well it is ideal if you want to game in your home on a handheld when the TV is not available.
The Switch is literally a portable console and a proper handheld. This one, is more like the WiiU. Not even sure if can remote play from the internet while being out of your PS5's proximity.
Which means, expect the pet peaves of cloud gaming. Then again why buy this when you can buy this?
Because holding an actual quality traditional controller with a larger screen is better?..

I think this really misses the mark but it's back to Sony's closed ecosystem thoughts. This is another device that I have to pay a lot for to get a sub par streamed experiance from my ps5 that I have to purchase.

Back