All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2023 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAAS On PC day one will help Sony reaching their goal on PC

Screenshot_2023-05-23_at_5.46.29_PM.png

That's not good. I have seen plenty of XSX/S consoles available here in states for months, how is availability in the UK? Wasn't the rumor that XSX had supply issues (or potentially still having supply issues)?
In Sweden as far as I can see most popular online stores dosent have XSX in stock. I see expected delivery being either 25 may or 9 June. And this has been for some time now. PS5 is not a problem.

A real clown it is the third time in three years, he gave some bad information about Sony.

A real clown it is the third time in three years, he gave some bad information about Sony.

Keep in mind he was only reporting on what IDC (which markets itself as "The premiere global market intelligence firm") was projecting sales to be. I've seen lots of people on this forum post information from IDC (like Takashi Mochizuki was) to support their console of choice, so it's not like people on this forum haven't used the same source(s) of information as he uses.

As I've said in the past any market research firm you want to use (IDC, VGChartz, etc.) should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Regards,
SB

Keep in mind he was only reporting on what IDC (which markets itself as "The premiere global market intelligence firm") was projecting sales to be. I've seen lots of people on this forum post information from IDC (like Takashi Mochizuki was) to support their console of choice, so it's not like people on this forum haven't used the same source(s) of information as he uses.

As I've said in the past any market research firm you want to use (IDC, VGChartz, etc.) should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Regards,
SB
The same IDC analyst said before if PS5 is white it will be a problem. There is a moment you need to be credible. And this guy have bad takes on Sony and Nintendo too. This is not the first tine he said some shit...

This Bloomberg guy is the japanese Micheal Patcher...

Regards,
SB
The clue should have been the fact that up until recently PSVR2 has been sold direct by Sony.

So where was the so-called intelligence coming from and why is he so wrong, so regularly on the one company?

I have been following Japanese game blogs for many years and they report his content in a pretty hilarious fashion; he's been doing this since before PS4 era. It wasn't just a recent thing. He's really bullish on Nintendo and spins almost everything as negative Sony news until he gets called out or proven incorrect by official Sony reports.

To be honest, I don't see much reason to be bullish on PS VR2 sales. Even at that Sony 6 weeks graph, you can basically see the curve flatten for it, whereas the PS VR1 keeps pointing up at a much steeper angle. Percentagewise the sales after week 1 look a lot different. Curious to see how it will do in the future, I hope it does well, but I think the form factor still needs to slim down a lot for VR to fully take off.

I went to my local electronics store and they had loads of PSVR2, and a good supply of all other consoles.

Man, mobile games just dominate the gaming industry (looks at Asia Pacific where the vast majority of gaming revenue is mobile gaming with PC gaming a distant second and console gaming an even more distant third). Part of the reason that MS wants ABK so badly.

Regards,
SB

This week's Famitsu sales

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

Switch OLED Model – 69,829 (4,643,870)
PlayStation 5 – 32,894 (3,086,043)
Switch – 9,692 (19,331,668)
Switch Lite – 7,003 (5,310,715)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 5,198 (501,619)
PlayStation 4 – 966 (7,871,670)
Xbox Series S – 126 (252,562)
Xbox Series X – 115 (186,037)
New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 26 (1,191,655)

To be honest, I don't see much reason to be bullish on PS VR2 sales. Even at that Sony 6 weeks graph, you can basically see the curve flatten for it...
Though true, that graph predates release to general retailers, and PSVR2 was only being bought direct from Sony at that point. We'll have to see what impact general retailer availability makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back