CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

I tried this and gained ~4fps on average with a renamed .exe
I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference but I've seen bigger differences between and the only thing I changed was drinking a cherry coke. Cyberpunk has lots of randomness in it's performance in my experience.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference but I've seen bigger differences between and the only thing I changed was drinking a cherry coke. Cyberpunk has lots of randomness in it's performance in my experience.

Huge mistake, you should drink at least few beers significantly improves quality of motion blur and fps is rock solid ;)

Back to being serious now, this reminds me when on launch people were reporting that there was a mistery .conf or .inf file. And when you change some settings there you will gain huge FPS increase. This was debunked by devs saying that the file was leftover from old build and is completely ignored by the game. I am not saying this is the case here but i wouldn't be surprised either.

As stated by CapFrameX, the game may receive a new technology called Real-time Neural Radiance Caching for Path Tracing. This is a topic of a paper published by NVIDIA researchers in 2021. In short, this is a method of replacing model pretraining with generalization via adaptation. What this means is that the model will not be pretrained for specific surfaces for where light sources bounce from but will adapt on the fly and will train while rendering.

This real-time caching for radiance can be used for path-traced global illumination that enables dynamic content prediction. This technology is compute-intensive and requires fixed hardware support like Tensor cores, but it does need as much memory as existing models.

If implemented, does that mean this would be the first use of Tensors outside of DLSS in games? And if so, what happens with dual use of Tensors, if that is at all possible?

Maybe Nvidia did something wrong with the game specific optimization profile?

Or they need to do some things to avoid bugs, and that results in lower performance?

Or it's truly a malicious perf downgrade?

If implemented, does that mean this would be the first use of Tensors outside of DLSS in games? And if so, what happens with dual use of Tensors, if that is at all possible?

The tweet reads like random speculation not a rumor. Would be fascinating if true though. Neural radiance caching has the potential to significantly reduce the number of rays cast.

Gameplay

Changes

The expansion looks incredible.
It really still looks like a next Gen title.

Really wished I finished my cyberpunk experience. But I don’t have the power to run it on overdrive. Meaning: GeForce now

Awesome that the improvements will apply back to the base game too - which I haven't yet played :D It was getting near the top of my list but I'll definitely wait for all these improvements now before I kick it off.

Hardware requirements are significantly higher

The cpu requirement also very high. Need high end cpu for 60 fps.

The post on cdpr website got lots flak, and some begs cdpr to release "classic ver", like witcher 3 next gen.

The CPU and SSD requirements seem to indicate something like Direct Storage being implemented with CPU decompression.

It's interesting that, assuming they truly tested it, they went with rather fine grained RAM requirements as opposed to just powers of 2.

Also install size isn't any bigger?

Back