Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard King for $69 Billion on 2023-10-13

Amazon Luna is included in Amazon Prime. Look at the image you posted. Luna+ is a tier above and beyond Amazon Luna.

No they don't.
I am prime Member you can play a few rotating game with Prime not the 100+ game on Luna+. This is not an equivalent to Gamepass or PS plus extra at all. Someone need to subscribe to have access to the full subscription service.

a1m9ffr.png

The CMA are focused on market reach and thus Amazon has 18 Million Cloud users.

I don't think the argument will work. If we compare paid cloud subscription this is Luna + against Gamepass Ultimate not a free services include inside Amazon Prime. And Amazon is able to know if someone use Prime gaming or not. I don't use Prime music and I receive email for using it.

I don't think the argument will work. If we compare paid cloud subscription this is Luna + against Gamepass Ultimate not a free services include inside Amazon Prime. And Amazon is able to know if someone use Prime gaming or not. I don¡t use Prime music and I receive email for using it.

That didn't stop them from not gathering any actual facts from Microsoft on how many actual UK Cloud users they have out of the GPU subscribers. As you said, not everyone uses all benefits of their subscription services.

That didn't stop them from not gathering any actual facts from Microsoft on how many actual UK Cloud users they have out of the GPU subscribers. As you said, not everyone uses all benefits of their subscription services.

Again this is not comparable the equivalent of Xcloud is Amazon Luna not Prime Gaming. And it is very easy to verify the number of Amazon Luna+ or Prime Gaming subscriber.

EDIT:
I suppose Sony and other cloud provider gave their number. This is not coming from CMA.

Last edited:
I can play without Luna+

You can play to 5 games not the full service and it doesn't mean you use the service. Amazon is able to know how many people use Prime gaming...

EDIT:
@BRiT I suppose CMA ask to people how much people use Xcloud. Is MS is unable to know how much people use Xcloud they have a problem.

Equating Amazon Prime subscribers to Amazon Luna users has got to be one the dumbest false equivalencies I've seen posited.

You can play to 5 games not the full service and it doesn't mean you use the service. Amazon is able to know how many people use Prime gaming...

EDIT:
@BRiT I suppose CMA ask to people how much people use Xcloud. Is MS is unable to know how much people use Xcloud they have a problem.
Precisely. So it’s a weak argument. Most people are not getting GPU to stream. The steaming time per user is pretty dismal.

They did provide the number of users who have tried the service. That isn’t the same as separating out who wants to pay for just the service.

Equating Amazon Prime subscribers to Amazon Luna users has got to be one the dumbest false equivalencies I've seen posited.
No one disagrees with that. It’s like saying every single Prime subscriber is a music and TV subscriber.

But it’s precisely what’s happening with GPU and Xcloud.

I’m positive the majority of GPU payers are console owners followed by PC. How many are paying just to stream? None. It’s an incomplete service because console and PC players can’t do the one most important thing, which is to stream the games they own.

In the UK, Amazon Prime Gaming has 5 titles on 'Luna' that are expiring June 1st. Tha'ts not really a cloud gaming service comparable to PSN or XBCloud, is it?
Xcloud is a free offer included on GPU. It is not the offer.

GPU contains XboxLIVE Gold for Multiplater and gamepass console, and game pass PC, and EA Play, extra gaming perks and cosmetics, and finally xcloud.

The majority of GPU owners are console because of Live Gold and Gamepass bundling is cheaper than buying them separately. And you get EA Play which is worth another 9.99

You only get EA Play with PC game pass or Game Pass Ultimate.

And you only get xcloud with Game Pass Ultimate.

Xcloud is a free offer included on GPU. It is not the offer.

GPU contains XboxLIVE Gold for MP, and gamepass console, and game pass PC, and EA Play, extra gaming perks and cosmetics, and finally xcloud.

The majority of GPU owners are console because of Live Gold and Gamepass bundling is cheaper than buying them separately.

I suppose CMA ask to every cloud gaming provider to give number of use and they use the one Microsoft gave them.

Any Amazon Prime subscriber can use the Amazon Luna service to play FORTNITE without the Luna+ additional tier.

View attachment 8905

And anyone can play Fortnite through Xcloud without any Gamepass or Xbox Gold subscriptions. Just a FREE Microsoft account with an Xbox profile.

Quote "You can play Fortnite for free through your web browser without needing an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. All you need to play is a Microsoft account with an Xbox profile, which is free, and a supported, Bluetooth-enabled controller if desired. Touch controls are also supported for players who don’t have a supported controller."

The majority of GPU owners are console because of Live Gold and Gamepass bundling is cheaper than buying them separately. And you get EA Play which is worth another 9.99
OMG! I thought 'GPU users' was PCs with GPUs (cloud gaming working on PC's with GPUs)!! This conversation is so confusing. Can we please use GP-U?

And still no-one actually pointed to the statement from CMA that's being disputed.

Okay, investigating, doing the whole job of discussion myself once again, the issue is the CMA asserted MS's current Cloud Gaming share as substantial (70%?) by using Game Pass Ultimate subs as a count of cloud gamers. Someone having a GP-U sub doesn't mean they are cloud gaming. The argument at present is comparing different types of subscription and service, none of which is identical or objectively comparable, and passing judgement on the subjective comparisons.

I'd say at this point the definion the CMA are using is services with a target audience, whether people use it or not. On PS, that's PS+ Premium. Not every PS+ Premium subscriber is going to be cloud gaming, but in the absence of other metrics, I guess that's all we and the CMA have got*. Counting that, the equivalent for XB is GP-U subscribers. For Amazon, Prime Gaming doesn't include anything but a tiny taster, so it's unrealistic to count anything other than Luna subscribers.

* If that's their numbers, and their source, counting these subs. Without reference to the source, I'm filling in the blanks with internet chatter.

Back