Xbox 360 and PS3 top graphics

Liandry

Regular
Good day!
I think it's time to make this thread. I wanted to make this thread for some years and make it today. Please everyone who is interested post answers. What is your top game in terms of graphics for Xbox 360 and PS3. I mean one for Xbox 360 and one for PS3. Not like some games for each but only one but what you think is best. Maybe with some explanation why. Also interesting to know when you tell about game for each console, please tell what game will be on first place between the two.
In my opinion for 360 that is Rise of the Tomb Raider. Interesting what that game was last big game for 360. It was released in 2015 when 360 was 10 years old. Textures and polygon count wasn't best in that game on Xbox 360 but lighting was one of the best if not the best, great post processing effects, shadows and animations. So overal that was number 1.
For PS3 I choose Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. In that game textures and polygon count was best in all PS3 games, also amazing lighting, post processing effects shadowsa and animations, and also amazing 3d water in some levels. Last of Us was great, but in my opinion Uncharted 3 a little bit better.
As for winner for that generation, I choose Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. And that despite what I like Xbox 360 more than PS3, that was my main console in seven generation. In my opinion somehow exclusive games for PS3 almost every year, starting from 2009 was with better graphics than Xbox 360 exclusive games released in the same year. Same with Xbox 360 and PS4. PS4 Pro was with 30 % less power than Xbox One X but on Xbox One X there was no game with graphics level like in Last of Us 2. Very sad what that console haven't shown real potential.

Even God Of War Ascension? :) PLease describe what you mean, in terms of art design or technology? Because to be honest Gpd of War Ascension was quite far in terms of technology.

I really liked how mw2 looked on 360 despite being 60fps. Compared to bf3, I think it looked better despite double the framerate.

I really liked how mw2 looked on 360 despite being 60fps. Compared to bf3, I think it looked better despite double the framerate.
I'm not arguing but thar was mid-gen game. After that there was Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2, Ghosts and Adwanced Warfare. And each looked better than previous. I know many people haven't played cross-gen games on 360 and PS3 but if you havent played AW you can find walkthrough on 360 in youtube. Character in that game was even bettet than in Crysis 2 and 3. And game was 60 fps.
Did Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 use the Xenos's tessellation unit?
I don't think so. But why do you ask. In my opinion using tesselation unit don't give some advantege without proper use of other units of console.
But if you mentioned that, can you name some games what used. Because I couldn't find any trusted info.

Well, the DX11/PS4/Xbox versions did make use of tessellation, so I was just wondering if they backported that to the 360 seen as the game engine was already using it.

God of War 3, great game.
God of War : Ascension , great graphics (though almost unplayable at points due to framerate drops ), pity Sony isn't porting it for later generations.
Resident Evil 6 : I remember being surprised when playing it , it looked great and played great.

I feel that Gears of War Judgement is sadly forgotten. What the studio managed to push out of UE3 and the Xbox 360 shortly before the Xbox One/Playstation 4 was released was amazing.

Halo 4 is a title that I'm graphically at conflict with. Yeah the lighting, for the generation, looked great, but overall too much was sacrificed in order to achieve it (such as weapons and enemies despawing insanely fast).

When released I found Beyond Two Souls to be a good looking game but the performance did suffer a bit too much for it.

Even God Of War Ascension? :) PLease describe what you mean, in terms of art design or technology? Because to be honest Gpd of War Ascension was quite far in terms of technology.
I have it but didnt have time to play it unfortunately.

God of War 3, great game.
God of War : Ascension , great graphics (though almost unplayable at points due to framerate drops ), pity Sony isn't porting it for later generations.
Resident Evil 6 : I remember being surprised when playing it , it looked great and played great.
I didnt like Resi 6 much. It was a mess. I was more imoressed with 5 personally

I was playing Crysis in 2007/2008 on a high end SLI PC so nothing I really saw on those consoles ever made me go 'wow' as I was more impressed by what they could with the little amount of RAM they had.

MW2 had a slicker presentation, but BF3 had a whole lot more going on overall. They've converged a bit more recently, but at the time, they were like night and day in terms of their overall scope.

I've always defended Call of Duty games as very technically impressive and underrated in terms of what they achieve at a 60fps target, but in no way did it ever achieve the constant 'wow, holy crap' moments that I would have in BF3(on X360 at the time myself). Even at half the framerate and limited to 24 players, I still would crown DICE as technical magicians of the time. It was just unreal what games like Battlefield 3 were doing on that hardware.

Resi 6 looked great graphically. But the art direction was terrible. resident evil 5 had great graphics and good art direction. Still holds up well today
RE5's color grading is hugely suspect, but I'd otherwise agree 100%. RE6 was a giant mess of a game, like one of those artists that just tosses up paint onto a canvass haphazardly, and that was true of not just the design of the game, but also the art style as you say.

But if you mentioned that, can you name some games what used. Because I couldn't find any trusted info.

It was claimed that one installment of Forza (I forget the number) used tesselation on car geometry. But I never saw any actual evidence, or confirmarion that it used the HW tesselation features or something else.

Back