The Last of Us, Part 1 Remaster Remaster [PS5, PC]

New patch is out to fix many major crashes and bugs issues.

• Fixed a crash that may occur while sitting (for extended times) or entering into combat areas
  • Fixed an issue where texture quality in-game appears lower then the targeted quality setting
  • Fixed an issue where using the flashlight in darker areas may make the lighting appear corrupted
  • Fixed an issue where lighting and fog may appear lower resolution on Ultra settings
  • Fixed an issue where VRAM usage UI did not properly update when lowering the display resolution
  • Fixed an issue where water reflections may appear corrupted or pixelated
  • Fixed an issue where, if playing at a higher FPS, player animations may not play correctly

AMD
  • Fixed an issue where toggling the player character's flashlight may cause the environment to appear corrupted momentarily if AMD FSR 2 was enabled
Nvidia
  • Fixed an issue where running the game on Ultra settings on Nvidia GPUs may cause graphical corruption or a crash during gameplay
  • Fixed a crash that may occur when loading into a save on an Nvidia GPU
  • Fixed an issue where changing NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution Sharpening settings had no effect
  • [Nvidia 3070 GPU] Increased level of detail of characters' hair to appear less choppy
What a mess!

What did they do? This patch made it unplayable for me. Now for the first time I'm getting crashes and performance is worse due to VRAM issues.

Looks pretty good.

is that the max texture resolution or there are higher resolutions available, and the modder just need to find a way to tell the game to load higher resolution textures at further distance?

btw i wonder if the modder will also tweak the gameplay. usually in FPS, enemies outside of your fov will use secondary AI mode where it is dumber and less responsive and less aggressive. Kinda like fight scenes in hollywood movies where only 1 enemy will ever attack, while the other enemies were doing nothing.

Really relieved. The stuttering from all previous versions is gone, the VRAM allocation is now displayed correctly and the performance is much better than 1.0.3 as well. Good patch!

Still stutters as it streams in data for me.. frame pacing is completely broken if using anything other than 100% res scaling or lower.

Yea, this isn't getting fixed. Which also means I'm not buying TLOU P2 nor Factions. They cant seem to figure this stuff out... so I'm done.

Really relieved. The stuttering from all previous versions is gone, the VRAM allocation is now displayed correctly and the performance is much better than 1.0.3 as well. Good patch!
Still stutters as it streams in data for me.. frame pacing is completely broken if using anything other than 100% res scaling or lower.

Yea, this isn't getting fixed. Which also means I'm not buying TLOU P2 nor Factions. They cant seem to figure this stuff out... so I'm done.
The duality of PC gaming, everyone.

The duality of PC gaming, everyone.
I don't know what CPU he has... but my 4090 is basically sleeping while playing this game at my monitors native resolution. Maybe it doesn't do it on newer gen CPUs?

Regardless... it's still pretty pathetic.

Just tested TLOU with the latest patch and I don't have a previous baseline to compare to, but CPU performance is still terrible on my 3700X so no game changers here.

That said VRAM usage is definitely more reasonable now. It sits comfortably under 12GB (including system reservation) at my native 3840x1600, all ultra.

Eh, I dunno - as DF and many others said, if they really are planning to invest the time necessary to truly 'fix' this, it's a months long project. I never would have expected all issues to be resolved in 1 month. Look at every other game with major issues, titles like Sackboy that have massive improvements one week later are extremely rare. I think Gotham Knights took close to 3 months to get its big patch that massively reduced stutters.

I've always been doubtful they can really remedy the high CPU/GPU usage without incorporating DS in some fashion, but they are making some progress. The best you can hope for is another couple of months worth of patches.

Just tested TLOU with the latest patch and I don't have a previous baseline to compare to, but CPU performance is still terrible on my 3700X so no game changers here.

I think it may be time for you to bite the bullet and upgrade, even the 5600 would be a decent upgrade in pure gaming workloads.

Back