Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2019-2021]

hfwbs2dcjb.png

HFW Burning shore

overall yes in the looks but not completely technically.
Hair is still a huge let down in games in general (Aki Ross had 50 000 individual strands) and we can still see some poly edges on the ears for example.

How da fuck do they make these kind of hair in real time?
My quess if cards and possibly pom for most innermost volume.

I wonder if cards are fully manual placement by incredible artists, or is there some automation as well.

Last edited:
Ugh, the weeb is suddenly very strong in this thread. We already knew the UE5 hentai would come, I just didn't realize it was upon us already.

quick copy n paste from the youtube comments in reply to the question 'what have you done differently to achieve this':

Thanks for the kind words …I don’t think I did anything different, I followed the same workflow that epic put out. The only thing I could think of is maybe the performance where people are conscious they are doing face capture so they either over exaggerate or underperform when they should just forget the camera and do a natural performance. Another thing is doing the face and body capture separately, also having shaky body mocap. Those will definitely give you that uncanny look since the eyes don’t naturally move with the body. Just my opinion

Back