DirectX Next - Longhorn only !?

DaveBaumann said:
Evildeus said:
I'm sorry but, i don't think Ati wasn't aware of the content of each conf, and i don't think this particular seminar was the less important. I do agree that the whole point wasn't to bash Nv.

AFAIWA Valve were there to talk about HDR rendering - nothing else they said fitted in with anything else the conference was actually about.
Well the paper should have been transmitted before hand or i don't organise conferences the way Ati does :)

digitalwanderer said:
Evildeus said:
But it seems that Ati is becoming more like Nv in it's good performer days, unfortunately.

I am NOT seeing that one Evildeus, sorry. :LOL:
I need to open your eyes then? :LOL:

But be careful not to trash NVIDIA too hard here – your audience will help you out later...
I'm sure you can find by yourself much more sentences bashing the other company, because we (ATI) are the best (like when Nv was the best)

Evildeus said:
But be careful not to trash NVIDIA too hard here – your audience will help you out later...
I'm sure you can find by yourself much more sentences bashing the other company, because we (ATI) are the best (like when Nv was the best)

I take this to mean... "it is like shooting fish in a barrel". Go easy the audience will have had enough issues themselves and will speak about them.

Another big guy is caught pants down. This is funny :LOL:

Anyway, the smell that emanes from the presentation is that the performance of R420's flow control in ps3.0 is less than adequate or at least that is not up to par whith NV40's.

I also understand that they are trying to influence software designers not to use a feature of the SM3.0 spec in their benefit.

Current business tactics nowadays. They are just doing what everybody else. That does not exculpe them, though.

Regards.

Hmm ... didnt go up on the news, as expected. B3D may be impartial, but only cause the pull on the leeshes evens out ;)

If it is to slow to be useful then ATI made the right decision. If it is practical to use then nVidia made the right decision. Regardless, nVidia should at least be commended for releasing it for the benefit future development and giving developers a generation of lead time to accustom themselves with its implementation.

MfA said:
Hmm ... didnt go up on the news, as expected. B3D may be impartial, but only cause the pull on the leeshes evens out ;)

Sorry?

Try reading the PM I sent last night!

DaveBaumann said:
MfA said:

Sorry?

Try reading the PM I sent last night!
What exactly should they have ran it under the headline of though? I couldn't come up with a good one meself, this presentation raises more questions than answers I thought....although it's perfect for a juicy speculation thread during silly season. ;)

Unknown Soldier said:
Ok .. but why would you change anything?? I opened the document and closed it without saving. And it doesn't have my name.

Doesn't matter though I guess.

US
Depending on your MS-Office set-up, it will mark documents you've printed out as "changed" and hence -> save. The bloke probably just took a hardcopy of it, and hit all OK buttons that popped up.

Regarding the slides, or rather comments, themselves: they are just notes for the presentator, nothing more. You should see some of the crap I write down as notes / help-alongs for my presentations. If that stuff leaked, I'd probably acquire a new nick as Mr. FUD or Dr. Spindoctor ... I feel sorry for Richard. And I do hope that most people have enough presence of mind to distinguish between "ATI stuff" and "Huddy notes" ....

-Sascha.rb

Unknown Soldier said:
Psikotiko said:

Has anyone noticed the properties of the file?

Last Saved by: Felix (whois is felix??)
Presentation Format: Apresentação no ecrã (translated to Presented in ecrã)
Date of Creation: 16/07/2002 (or 07/16/2002 for the US crowd)

Was this presentation modified? Was the site hacked?

I had the document open and i did a "save as" to that mirror.
By default he put my name in the ppt.

I didn't modify anything, but you can confirm this with people who saw the original file.

Sorry, that was a little harsher than what I really wanted to say ... but it was the only thing I could think of which was short and sweet (and I like keeping short, although I didnt read the PM ... mea culpa).

I understand the tension field you are working in, hell if I worked at ATI I wouldn't want to be reminded of this snafu in public either (even though from a competitive stand point it is water under the bridge, all their competitors know). I just dislike the elitist attitude often shown on these boards towards sites like the register ... being independent and quick on the draw means getting it wrong often, but as we see sometimes just being impartial but not independent still does not let you report valid news.

Psikotiko said:
I had the document open and i did a "save as" to that mirror.
By default he put my name in the ppt.

I didn't modify anything, but you can confirm this with people who saw the original file.
I still have the original file, and I can confirm it. :)

DemoCoder said:
Used car salesman, cold callers, et al all use persuasion as well. The people with "blinders on" are the people cheerlead for corporations as bastions of ethics.
I dont cheerlead for corporations.
i DO think that better ethics are, well, better, which is something you can't seem to admit.
And i DO want to encourage better ethics. I'm not going to give up - if we push for better ethics, i firmly belive we can have them.
Your attitude is pathetic.

MfA said:
I just dislike the elitist attitude often shown on these boards towards sites like the register ... being independent and quick on the draw means getting it wrong often, but as we see sometimes just being impartial but not independent still does not let you report valid news.

Granted there are some members here who act elitist towards some of the "quicker" news sources, but I've never really seen any of the staff here dis them. (Unless they're flat-out wrong. ;) )

gunblade said:
Ailuros said:
I've no problem in accepting that NVIDIA's PR/marketing stunts could be labeled as the worst in the markets they're operating in (and that since the beginning and not just for the past 2 years), yet I entirely refuse to acknowledge that everyone else is innocent.

That sum it up pretty well to me. Blind fanboyism is just stupid. Ati have their own fault and so does XGI, S3.
"Everybody else" means ATI, XGI, S3, etc.

I think you owe him a bit of an apology.

There is no GDC ppt/pps anymore on ATI site - only pdf's ;) . So this confirms version about unintentional leak of ppt 'comments'. But Richard's presentation is still absent. Btw, Richard presented it's previous version last month in Russia and there was no intentional 'trashing' on NV from his side - developers often done it by themself :) .

Back