Unreal Engine 5, [UE5 Developer Availability 2022-04-05]

Looks great in terms of detail but the inconsistent framerate and framerate pacing is driving me nuts!

Looks great in terms of detail but the inconsistent framerate and framerate pacing is driving me nuts!
Agreed, but in fairness the article does state the following:

Now I should note that this UE5 game is coming from a small team. Thus, the gameplay sequences appear a bit rough. Despite that, though, the game does push great visuals. My guess is that the developers are using Metahuman. Or at least that’s the vibe I got from the main character. We can also assume that Lumen is being used.

Honestly looks like the same video they had showed a long time ago, looks like they put together generic stuff from the epic library into some "gameplay" demo, but that does not look lile a real full fledged game.
Wait and see.

turns out my missing texture issue seems to be a bug. yay finally able to reach a real human from epic (seems the secret sauce is to "@" their username)

if they able to solve this bug, UE will take the ArchViz market like storm IMO. as people can simply design in twinmotion, and easily make it to run standalone on oculus quest 2.

This Unreal Engine 5 shooter that imitates the aesthetics of body cameras or body cams, is the most photorealistic and incredible thing you will see today.

unreal-engine-5-shooter-body-cam-2841845.jpg

A little nitpicky, but not quite realistic ... at least the camera position. If it's a regular cop the camera will usually be located on the chest or shoulder. If it's something like a SWAT team member, it might be on the helmet. Either of those positions won't have the iron sights of the gun lined up with them as the camera isn't located where the eyes are. :p

I know it's a concession to gunplay, but it immediately jumped out at me.

Pretty cool concept, although the whole jerky cam thing will get old fast (at least for me). They did a good job with the animation (reaction, gun loading, etc.) which helps to make the "footage" more believable.

Regards,
SB

Alright. That's the most photorealistic game I've seen to date. Wtf. Lumen and Nanite are outstanding by themselves of course, but the camera wiggle and post processing really sells it.

I actually think that cam looks more natural than other fps games. If you got rid of the circular view portal and had it full screen to the edges and with the same placement, it’d look even more so

Back