Final Fantasy XVI (FF16) [PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
It just reinforces for me the following.

Good art and level/world design with old tech always trumps new tech with bad (or average) art and level/world design in terms of pleasing visuals.

I will 99.99% of the time find a game that old rendering tech but good art and level design significantly better look than games with the newest and "better" rendering tech but bland (or bad) art and level design.

Regards,
SB

Good art and level/world design with old tech always trumps new tech with bad (or average) art and level/world design in terms of pleasing visuals.

I will 99.99% of the time find a game that old rendering tech but good art and level design significantly better look than games with the newest and "better" rendering tech but bland (or bad) art and level design.

Regards,
SB
Agreed. The tech is clearly dated but the game is much more visually pleasing than Forspoken.

Given how long it's been in development, it could have had both good art and tech if they didn't go with an upgraded Crystal Tools. It's also a matter of making smaller more hand-crafted levels instead of large open worlds. Forspoken should have scoped their world down but it looks like at some point SE also diverted their resources away from it.

But even art-wise these larger environment sections don't look better than Forspoken.

How can this be?! This is a pure next gen title, the visuals on offer here are anything but that! The game looks like a moderately upgraded FF15! I remeber FF15 was breathtaking when it was announced 10 years ago, but this .. this is underwhelming! It's like the only thing they could extract from the PS5 is the bigger world and the 60fps!

Regards,
SB
Exactly this, maybe not mindblowing but comparing to like Fortnite ue5 looks amazing ;d

How can this be?! This is a pure next gen title, the visuals on offer here are anything but that! The game looks like a moderately upgraded FF15! I remeber FF15 was breathtaking when it was announced 10 years ago, but this .. this is underwhelming! It's like the only thing they could extract from the PS5 is the bigger world and the 60fps!
The game seems to be clearly rooted in last gen technology. I’d be willing to bet it started development as a PS4 game.

This is not FF15 engine but an upgraded FF14 engine.

Exactly this, maybe not mindblowing but comparing to like Fortnite ue5 looks amazing ;d

Keep in mind I think Fortnite looks great for the art style it is going for. It has good art direction and good world building for the type of game it is. Comparing Fortnite to this is like comparing Snow White (the original Disney animation) to Casablanca (with Humphrey Bogart), both incredible visual experiences in a contemporary timeframe, but not really comparable to each other.

Regards,
SB

Back