Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, XGP]

They've started up dev diaries again. Very little of the game in this one but lovely shots of Iceland. Which was on our list of places to see before having kids and we didn't manage it, dammit.

They've started up dev diaries again. Very little of the game in this one but lovely shots of Iceland. Which was on our list of places to see before having kids and we didn't manage it, dammit.

Amazing place but yeah, not the best for kids unless they're a bit older and able to do a fair bit of trekking over rough terrain (or a fair bit of drinking in Reykjavik!). My wife and I nearly got washed away by a river in a 4x4 in the middle of the island. Great times!

what mocap did they use?

and then they showed an iphone

so this is maybe, actually an early sneak peak of a new version of Unreal's free to use mocap app in apple store.

the current quality is much lower, like so

This looks as good as Horizon Forbidden West...

But the CGI trailer of Horizon :runaway:
I mean to be fair. Hfw is an entire open world with so much detail some people say it's distracting, and this is a single character model in a tech demo cutscene for metahuman.

It is very impressive no doubt but they are not even similar to be compared. What I am curious about is how this game will scale from this demo down to series s where I will playing the game.

It feels like for cutscenes this is something the consoles should be able to do this gen if they adopt metahuman and ue5...but I am curious how far it can be taken.

If ff 7 remake 3 used metahuman for the characters that would be so damn hilarious in an uncanny valley sort of way

Open world or not, with these new powerful tools, I don't think it matters anymore, the fidelity can be there if enough talent and budget it put in it.
HFW will be 2 years old by the time H2 releases, and is cross gen.
I'm sure at least Senua's model will look like that during gameplay, just like there is no difference between cutscene and gameplay Aloy.

Open world or not, with these new powerful tools, I don't think it matters anymore, the fidelity can be there if enough talent and budget it put in it.
HFW will be 2 years old by the time H2 releases, and is cross gen.
I'm sure at least Senua's model will look like that during gameplay, just like there is no difference between cutscene and gameplay Aloy.
It's a good thing decima also uses metahuman(supposedly). Maybe they can get to this fidelity in their next title

I really am wondering how this will scale down to series S though

Back