Hogwarts Legacy [PS4, 4PRO, PS5, XO, XOX, XBSX|S, PC]

I thought there was a thread for technical issues. Any chance we can keep the games thread about the game and not how shit PCs are for gaming? j/k. :)

There's already a PC Specific thread for that. 🤣

This game is shaping up to be really great. Main story picked up its pace towards the final, and I've been more engaged with the story with some awe moments. Poppy and Sebastian side quests are of similar vain to Triss/Yen/Panam/Judy type of CDPR side quests. They're so greatly designed they might as well overshadow the main game's story. I really like the subplots going on with these two characters. Natsai feels a bit subpar, and Amit did not get any love, but its okay.
Some of the side quests are really good. Having looked back at what constitutes the main campaign, it's actually pretty short but the game forces you through chokepoints where you need to accomplish certain side activities to progress with the main story, i.e. where it presents a list of objectives some of which are just "???" leaving you to just engage with the world.

Fortunately, we really enjoyed doing the side quests but I bet we missed a bunch because I think we only visited perhaps three hamlets that the main quest, or key side quests, take you on. The completion rates around around 65% which gives you an idea. I may actually go and finish which I assume is the final of Sebastian's quest, just to get the third curse. You know, the good one.. :runaway:

Whilst we didn't use Crucio much, we used Imperio a fair bit. Weirdly, none of the companions commented on it, which is good because it's handy to have a troll on your side, or a giant spider. :yes:

Some of the side quests are really good. Having looked back at what constitutes the main campaign, it's actually pretty short but the game forces you through chokepoints where you need to accomplish certain side activities to progress with the main story, i.e. where it presents a list of objectives some of which are just "???" leaving you to just engage with the world.

Fortunately, we really enjoyed doing the side quests but I bet we missed a bunch because I think we only visited perhaps three hamlets that the main quest, or key side quests, take you on. The completion rates around around 65% which gives you an idea. I may actually go and finish which I assume is the final of Sebastian's quest, just to get the third curse. You know, the good one.. :runaway:

Whilst we didn't use Crucio much, we used Imperio a fair bit. Weirdly, none of the companions commented on it, which is good because it's handy to have a troll on your side, or a giant spider. :yes:
I spammed the hell out of unforgivable curses once I learned them. Chain kill skill is OP and super fun to cast. You curse as much as people possible with other skills + crucio + imperio, then you cast killing curse and all cursed enemies die , lol

This game is shaping up to be really great. Main story picked up its pace towards the final, and I've been more engaged with the story with some awe moments.

ookay so like forpsoken...

Poppy and Sebastian side quests are of similar vain to Triss/Yen/Panam/Judy type of CDPR side quests. They're so greatly designed they might as well overshadow the main game's story.

okay, unlike forspoken then.

Soooo.. just realised you can't 'max out' your talents, as you won't be able to get all of them even by the end. Which talents should I avoid and not waste points on?

I spammed the hell out of unforgivable curses once I learned them. Chain kill skill is OP and super fun to cast. You curse as much as people possible with other skills + crucio + imperio, then you cast killing curse and all cursed enemies die , lol
Dammit, we saw the talent points for propagating curses early on then forgot about it, although part of resisting using some of unforgivable curses was not wanting to trigger some bad ending for the game. As it was, our 500 uses of Imperio went past with comment.

Soooo.. just realised you can't 'max out' your talents, as you won't be able to get all of them even by the end. Which talents should I avoid and not waste points on?

We didn't pick up any of the Room of Requirement talents (and only used the beast spells as required by the main campaign) and skipped a few Spell-specific talents too because we just weren't using more than about six or seven spells in combat. I would recommend getting second (and maybe third) spell slots early on unless you like re-spec'ing your controller button spells often!

Last edited by a moderator:
some Resetera moderators have been caught playing the game on Steam. People with values.... the great defenders of the trans people and so on and so forth.

thanks for the link. I don't have permission for that, it says.
You need to join RPSC, if you want to discuss those topics in that forum.

You have to enable access to the RSPC forum... If you really want to though. I wouldn't recommend it.
not interested tbh, but I thought it was a moderation thing and it's actually you who can choose whether to participate there or not. I prefer not to.

Apparently the cracked "denuvo-less" version runs a LOT better..

Hard to say whether the same effect will be observable with higher end CPUs, but that's quite the big difference.

^ I wouldn't bother with no name channels rushing with their takes. Denuvo is not cracked or removed, its bypassed. Still there. Its probably some fake overlay over there, trying to get some traffic, manufacturing some controversy.

A better method would be to go back to cases and printed instruction booklets, and ask questions like "Please refer to your instruction booklet and name the 3rd letter of the 7th word in the second paragraph on page 17 of the German translation", at fixed intervals (like say 1 minute). Obviously if you answer incorrectly, then you're a pirate, and game closes.

Last edited:
I bought this on PC and finished it last week. Overall the quality and polish of the game is extremely good, it was actually refreshing to see a game launch in such a polished state and with so much attention to detail. The quests are well written and engaging but the open world aspect falls foul of the same repetitive brain injury that seems to afflict most open worlders these days.

Though not being a massive fan of the HP universe (I've read the books and seen the films - but that's about it) I still found the lore discovery to be really interesting. The puzzle aspect was also really well integrated and some of the puzzles themselves were really engaging (the accio, repulso puzzle rooms for instance).

But there also seem to be areas were it felt like the devs intended to expand on the game, or add more depth\detail to an area but never did. I can't help wonder if they pulle dback from this as they didn't know how well received the game was going to be, and so pulled the plug on putting the extra bits in.

But overall I really enjoyed this. Some DLC would be nice (as long as it isn't just quidditch)

Back