A Plague Tale: Requiem - The Rats of Us [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP, NX]

Finished on xsx. Asobo is for sure talented studio, game with proper condition looks realy great (especialy sunny environment and rocks). On the other hand probably wasnt on aaa budget and sometimes you can see it. Animations (btw would kick in ass animator that made close door one as I had to watched it like 100 times ;d), facial mimic, cutscenes fidelity, texture levels are very avarage, but in the end comparing to first (that I didnt played as thought with having rat phobia will be too much for me ;d) is generation step. Im not biggest fan of gameplay as was little tedious and sometimes boring for me. Story interesting at first but get little stale when you see same scheme again and again (from heaven to hell). Characters main and npc would say rather strong aspect of game (Amicia was little iritating with her panic attacks but on the other hand believable behavior taking into account events). Ending was touching and improve score of a game for me. 8/10

Last edited:
is this the first non-sony game with full dualsense PC support?

haptic triggers, hd vibrators. all works on PC beautifully.

btw anyone want to skip the stealth sections theres this cheat table from fearless revolution forum

Attachments

• APT2_WinStore.x64.Submission.zip
    747 bytes · Views: 0
Finished on xsx. Asobo is for sure talented studio, game with proper condition looks realy great (especialy sunny environment and rocks). On the other hand probably wasnt on aaa budget and sometimes you can see it. Animations (btw would kick in ass animator that made close door one as I had to watched it like 100 times ;d), facial mimic, cutscenes fidelity, texture levels are very avarage, but in the end comparing to first (that I didnt played as thought with having rat phobia will be too much for me ;d) is generation step. Im not biggest fan of gameplay as was little tedious and sometimes boring for me. Story interesting at first but get little stale when you see same scheme again and again (from heaven to hell). Characters main and npc would say rather strong aspect of game (Amicia was little iritating with her panic attacks but on the other hand believable behavior taking into account events). Ending was touching and improve score of a game for me. 8/10

Indeed. Imagine if this was made with high budget like the last of us. But used to polish the game, not to add more cutscenes.

The animations alone would be amazeballs

Reactions: snc
If the game doesn't interest you but you're a graphics whore.....buy it!!

Like seriously!!! Best looking game I've seen to date.

Attachments

• APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_20_22_16_37_890.jpg
    APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_20_22_16_37_890.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 33
  • APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_23_18_787.jpg
    APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_23_18_787.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 34
  • APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_24_21_255.jpg
    APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_24_21_255.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 32
  • APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_26_42_566.jpg
    APlagueTaleRequiem_x64_2022_11_23_09_26_42_566.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 34
I dont know how far into the game I am. I have just gotten to the place where
Hugo learns to control the rats.

It looks very, very good. Many times the game looks like a freaking painting. The scene where you´re
running through the city when the rat swarm are attacking and the castle is crumbling in the background
looked incredible.

I didnt play the first one so I dont know the story, but I find the world and lore intriguing.

Gameplay wise and think its pretty bad. The stealth sections are more frustrating than anything else. My gf was watching me play and she said "seem like no matter what you do you get spotted".

I personally cant stand the actors and the writing. Hugo just sounds anyoing, and again my gf felt the same. "What an anying voice".

Its like the characters and the game is trying to tell us what to feel and beating us on the head with it, instead of creating that feeling.

-"This is terryfying! We must make it, Hugo!"
-"Im so scared!"

I think it just comes off as cheap. Kinda like when chief Wiggum tries to get Marge to help him and tries to fool her that his hat is a puppie

Wiggum: "If you dont wanna do it for me then do it for this puppie. Look at the poor little puppie, Marge!"
Marge: "Thats your hat"
Lou: "She´s good, chief".

My gf coulnt take her eyes from the screen when she watched the end of Ghost of Tsushima.

Finished the game last night. Im more positive towards it now.

The graphics again are breathtaking. I kept stopping to take in the views. EXTREMELY beautyful with some very memorable locations and sequenses.

I started to care more about the characters towards the end. Even though the game is beating you on the head with it and some things can be anoying, I felt emotionally invested in the story and character the more I played.

Gameplay is still very annoying, with many little things constantly being irritating. The camera has some kind of yankiness about it which should have been fixed. The later stealth section felt a little better, maybe because you have more tools at your disposal. But regardless of these anyoanses It was a memorable experience.

I think "hold X to pay respect"-crap is stupid, but one such thing in the game actually worked on an emotional level.

Finished the game last night. Im more positive towards it now.

The graphics again are breathtaking. I kept stopping to take in the views. EXTREMELY beautyful with some very memorable locations and sequenses.

I started to care more about the characters towards the end. Even though the game is beating you on the head with it and some things can be anoying, I felt emotionally invested in the story and character the more I played.

Gameplay is still very annoying, with many little things constantly being irritating. The camera has some kind of yankiness about it which should have been fixed. The later stealth section felt a little better, maybe because you have more tools at your disposal. But regardless of these anyoanses It was a memorable experience.

I think "hold X to pay respect"-crap is stupid, but one such thing in the game actually worked on an emotional level.

My main issue was the game was too long and 11 chapters in I was ready for it to finish as the gameplay isn't varied enough to be as long as it is, they could have easily reduced the amount of chapters by 4 or 5.

It’s quite long. Still not done. I’m frustrated at this one part. I think I’m close to the end here. But keep dying

I think you've fallen in to the trap I did....... I got to chapter 9 and the action had dialled down and the story really started to get fleshed out and I thought......

"Action is slowing down, story is getting better, I've been playing for 8hrs or so, games only last 8hrs or so these days, chapter 10 is next, 10 is a nice round number, game must finish at chapter 10"....... But it didn't....it kept going and going and going 😂

My main issue was the game was too long and 11 chapters in I was ready for it to finish as the gameplay isn't varied enough to be as long as it is, they could have easily reduced the amount of chapters by 4 or 5.

Agree, it felt too long. Especially with the frustrating gameplay. Many of the last chapters were alot shorter.

Back