ChatGPT

Yeah if it existed when I was still studying, I would use it.

As I regularly cheats. Even for simple stuff like "submit a hand drawing of building X".

I simply took a photo of it, display it on a monitor placed horizontally, place a piece of paper on it, and start tracing with a pencil in my hand.
this thing is crazy, I asked it to write poems in my language and they weren't bad, and even asked to define my favourite youtube channel in the style of something like The Gospel of Saint Mathew :) and it is scary, this is the alpha version of Skynet.

No wonder Google is imitating it, Google search is like child's play compared to this.

Yeah take the 10th version of ChatGPT and give it direct programmability of the boston dynamic robots, and I think we are fried.

It would be cool if Microsoft gave early access to the new AI Bing stuff to Microsoft 365 subscribers. Especially business users.

Oooof, on a related note (it was launched to compete with ChatGPT)...

Uh, ouch? Seriously, why did nobody at Google fact check their AI Bot's answer before putting it into an advertisement?

Regards,
SB

Uh, ouch? Seriously, why did nobody at Google fact check their AI Bot's answer before putting it into an advertisement?

Regards,
SB
It makes me think their AI isn't really AI at all. They are using humans pretending to be AI.

Regards,
SB
Tinfoil hat: What if it has to do with the recent firings targeting senior effective people that were hidden from fellow workers. Incredibly rich people getting paid millions a year like the VP of search cannot be bothered to check things themselves they are too busy envisioning success or something. The people under them do the menial things like making sure things actually work. Why take the initiative to save your bosses when they are aholes that don't do any work or serve a purpose beyond absorbing resources.

I think AI safety is trailing this AI arms race/competition; AI arguing, - and making shit up, with users is slightly unnerving.

Cheers

It has already replaced google for me at work.
I wanted to do a manual calculation (very infrequent) of a VISA cvv2 a few days ago, and couldn't remember the default service code used in the algorithm... (it's 000, so easy to remember, I always erase it from my mind :p )
If I went to google, I'd be searching still, but chatGPT gave me the answer after the third question.
Some things are so old, and so well defined, (like payment encoding / encryption algorithms) that an AI can explain them in a very detailed manner, but a search engine will have trouble serving you what you are actually looking for.

I feel that these AI technologies are going to dumpen humanity and hugely alienate it from personal development and creativity.
Everything is becoming too automated and ready. Surely the AI will be coming with solutions that we wouldnt be able to come up in years if ever at some point and that will have huge benefits.
But our brains always take the easy route, and thats where new generations will fall to a huge trap. Our brain and personality development actually comes from challenging the brain. Its like a muscle.
This "fast food" mentality is going to be our doom. Our brains wont have to learn or discover for progress. The AI will be doing it for most of us. There will be progress but that progress will be disconnected from us if used uncontrollably and irresponsively and thats where huge costs will arise. We are already knowillingly or unkowingly becoming more and more irresponsible and docile as a humanity. And the difficult beneficial route is not well received. Spoiling is much easier to occur
I am a pessimist in this

It is very good to optimize graphics code. Sebbbi did multiples tests. Go check his twitter account.

I think sofware developer will only do design at this rythm. I tried tons of thing, I am developer and it work very well but you need to know what you want and chatGPT can't do the business requirement.

You can use it at minimum to do some sort of template.

EDIT: This is crazy how good it is for coding. I think I will use it for work. This is too good for create code skeleton.

Yes, this is very useful as a supercharged "wizard" for generating code templates. It'll save a lot of time so people won't have to read "tutorials" for something very simple such as "a RESTful API with access to MongoDB written in Go."
Of course, ChatGPT can do more, but you also need to know what you are doing. A friend of mine like to think it as a "coding intern" (though its code quality is probably better than many interns :p )

That's exactly how I'm using it: generating a good base template to work from. I had it write a first draft of a job description, and then used that as a base to wordsmith into something a little more human sounding (GPT has this extra wordiness quality to it that makes it obvious still, IMO.) I used it to start a short speech for National Womens Day a few weeks ago and it was pretty damned decent by the 3rd try. I then copy-pasta'd the text into Word and further edited it in my own style.

Yes, this is very useful as a supercharged "wizard" for generating code templates. It'll save a lot of time so people won't have to read "tutorials" for something very simple such as "a RESTful API with access to MongoDB written in Go."
Of course, ChatGPT can do more, but you also need to know what you are doing. A friend of mine like to think it as a "coding intern" (though its code quality is probably better than many interns :p )

+1 Yes it helps if you know what you are doing.

I think sofware developer will only do design at this rythm. I tried tons of thing, I am developer and it work very well but you need to know what you want and chatGPT can't do the business requirement.
I wonder where it learned programming. ;)

so I iasked an AI if Schwarzenegger was in star wars...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 6
Back