The Intel Execution in [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamers Nexus was basically just reporting what was in this vid. So your not missing anything.
Need to wait for his benches.
But this seems to have brought legacy up to where it should be.
How you finding general graphical bugs now?
haven't found many. Anything I found I reported the bug to Intel.

The most annoying bug for me happens when I use my W11 insider partition, which I use exclusively for gaming. On my regular W11 partition XeSS works fine with the new patch, but on my W11 insider version, XeSS is unavailable everywhere for whatever reason. It seems to be a W11 thing.

They fixed a bug I experienced with one of my favourite games, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night -PC Gamepass version, the bug happens because of the pop up window from the PC Gamepass when the game starts-.

I had fixed that bug using DXVK 2.1 but now at native DX11 the game runs at 164fps with an average power consumption of 90W, while using DXVK the power consumption increases to 110 to 115W.

Most of the other bugs I experienced are fixed except for a not very important but annoying bug in Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition where the text inside the buttons of the menus is too big and appears like cut in half, and a bug I experienced on Supreme Commander 2.

As time goes on I am even forgetting that I have an Intel GPU. The first days, I was very aware of any odd behaviour and blamed it on the GPU's drivers -some bugs happened on GPUs from other companies, but you never know- but now I just launch most games, emulators, Openbor games and stuff and I am having no issues.

This could signal a possible delay of Battlemage.
Aren't they now handled by separate teams? That's the way I understood Intel splitting them with the ground work done and now each will be further developed (mostly) separately towards their special needs

These technologies will be utilized for the production of company products and chips for Intel's Foundry Services (IFS) customers. The new manufacturing nodes are set to be deployed commercially in 2024, with the 1.8nm version being the most advanced technology available, surpassing TSMC and Samsung Foundry. Intel plans to use RibbonFET transistors for its Intel 20A technology fabrication with backside power delivery, while the 18A line will utilize PowerVia technology for further reduction in component size.

It's not rare when a new boss shakes things up ?
Oh it's not rare at all.

However, it very much depends on what the new boss is doing with their shake-up. I've very much left a high paying stable job because the "new boss shaking things up" was quite obviously going the wrong direction. Two years after I left the new boss finally got ousted, after unfortunately gutting so much of what made the org work so well before they arrived.

I've very much left a high paying stable job because the "new boss shaking things up" was quite obviously going the wrong direction. Two years after I left the new boss finally got ousted, after unfortunately gutting so much of what made the org work so well before they arrived.
This is such a common motif (sadly).

This same situation is brewing right now in my current job. Several new bosses have shown up, and in the beginning I honestly agreed their new approach seemed the right move. Now after a year, I look around to see executives pitted against eachother, leadership unwilling or unable to reign themselves in, directives handed down from VPs to staff which are diametrically opposed to those from other VPs in the same org, and now we've stopped funding large swathes of the IT org while simultaneously trying to hold them accountable for why projects have completely stopped.

It's just about time to find another place to work, again. I'm not looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back