UBIsoft in potential financial trouble

Business is business. You guys are twisting yourselves into knots over all this stuff.
Nah, it's just talking. ;) Different things can be viewed from different perspectives. It is what it is, MS wants ABK and is also cutting jobs, which can be read different ways.

Nah, it's just talking. ;) Different things can be viewed from different perspectives. It is what it is, MS wants ABK and is also cutting jobs, which can be read different ways.
Yeah, me too. We'll know soon enough exactly where these cuts are coming from. But regardless, sometimes things have to be cut, moved around, or changed.

I don't think that works. ABK acquisition is not analogous to increasing costs of essentials. MS aren't having to shell out $70 billion because their current expenses are increasing. If MS doesn't buy ABK, there's no clear, obvious impact to their operations in this difficult economic environment.

You'll have to convince me that MS spending $70 billion on ABK is as important to them as some household spending 20% more on groceries than they did this time last year because they've no choice but to spend that.

MS could sit on $70b and hope interest brings in more money than what activision could bring in which seems to be $1-3B a quarter or close to $9B a fiscal year. MS can then hope by reducing un- needed parts of blizzard they can pull more profit out of that . Also it could help grow the xbox and game pass business bringing evne more

It be like a family leaving money in the mattress instead of opening up a savings account or a cd.

Yeah, me too. We'll know soon enough exactly where these cuts are coming from. But regardless, sometimes things have to be cut, moved around, or changed.

The cuts seem to be coming from all over the company including wmr teams , alt space teams , DSS(ms stores) , bethesda , xbox game studios and so on.

Back