Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
no the last one is a shot from photo mode showing the interior of the car, it's blurry because the game focuses on the window and not the interior sadly.

Just played grid legends, it sounds way better than gran turismo 7 but for everything else gt7 still much better.

Its crazy how fun and beautiful and fun and super fun gt7 is even when I just drive in a donut track ROFL.

Just played grid legends, it sounds way better than gran turismo 7 but for everything else gt7 still much better.

Its crazy how fun and beautiful and fun and super fun gt7 is even when I just drive in a donut track ROFL.
Yeah definitely the slipstream physics add another layer of depth and strategy in that race

I have a weird bug with the game, after a certain Time of play (or something that triggers it, don't know yet) i lose the RT reflections in replays and photo mode, i have to close and restart the game for RT to come back.

We're thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2's next gen features.

With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR,
all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.

i enter a valid message

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129230450.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129230450.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 12
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231019.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231019.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231043.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231043.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231059.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231059.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231124.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231124.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231224.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230129231224.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 9

Last edited:
WHAT IS THE VR SHOWROOM IN GRAN TURISMO 7?
Located in your Garage, the VR Showroom is a brand-new area specifically designed for PSVR2. It allows you to place any car within one of 11 scenes. You can then 'walk' around the vehicle, admiring the details.

You can also hop inside each car, and admire each switch, gear lever or dial in incredible detail.

Kaz Famitsu interview
In fact, support for PSVR 2 was something we had in mind when we started developing Gran Turismo 7. In other words, it was originally produced on the premise of corresponding to VR. Therefore, Gran Turismo 7 was created as VR native in advance. Think of this as almost synonymous with running the game at 4K 60. In order to move the image with that image quality and speed, you have to make the data fairly light. The resolution of the original PS VR machine was low, so even if it was properly rendered, we couldn't solve the problems of motion sickness caused by the resolution and the unnaturalness of distant objects being unclear. This time, the resolution of the head-mounted display panel and the power of the PS5 have improved the drawing ability, and it has become possible to solve it. In addition to being able to output 60fps at normal times, panning and tilting can also be rendered at 120 FPS with reprojection, greatly improving image quality. First of all, I think that racing games are highly compatible with VR. The car moves according to your operation while you are sitting. The movement of the car is mainly in the front-rear direction, and the movement in the left-right direction is restricted. For example, you can't move from a stationary state to the side. You can basically think of it as moving forward. When you turn the steering wheel, the car slowly turns. It does so of its own volition. In addition, we have expressed beautiful scenery and real circuits around the world through the successive works of Gran Turismo, but no matter how elaborate it is, there is always a limit to what can be expressed through a TV monitor. I was Now, with PSVR 2, you can now experience the real scenery by driving the Nürburgring, Tsukuba Circuit, and various other courses. I myself believe that we have achieved the best VR experience that can be obtained in the current situation. Each Gran Turismo series, we have poured most of the available rendering resources into the expression of the car. Even in the current PS5 generation, it is made with much over-spec details. I intend to make it more suitable for future hardware than the PS5. Actually, I was talking to the person in charge of hardware from the stage of deciding the specifications of PSVR 2. In general, I feel that it meets all the specifications currently required. I think a new era has begun for Yamauchi racing games. It can be said that it is a great progress that the driving experience and the driving experience itself can now be the same as the real thing.

In-game race footage (mainly two short loops) starts at ~4:30. Promising that he said that GTS made him feel sick fairly quickly whereas GT7 is much better. It corresponds to Kaz’s resolution comment. GTS VR (on PS4 Pro) gets to me, too, and I always thought it was that the scale was a bit off. Interesting that it might be the resolution.

In-game race footage (mainly two short loops) starts at ~4:30. Promising that he said that GTS made him feel sick fairly quickly whereas GT7 is much better. It corresponds to Kaz’s resolution comment. GTS VR (on PS4 Pro) gets to me, too, and I always thought it was that the scale was a bit off. Interesting that it might be the resolution.
Yes resolution has big impact, for example driveclub on psvr1 was terrible experience for me and it was blurry mess.

Interesting, cuz they said the same thing of GT Sport initially.

I'm not suggesting they're lying here, in fact, I think it might make some sense.

See, GT Sport's initial showings were quite lackluster, technically. It was an upgrade from GT6 but not to the usual level of Polyphony Digital's standards for a new GT on new hardware. My personal theory is that GT Sport was indeed built to fully support VR initially, but they realized that compromising the game to such an extent to run it at a consistent 60fps in VR on a PS4 was just holding things back too much. And so they dropped this VR requirement and pushed harder on the visuals, and the game ended up looking a fair bit better for it, and included rain and night on certain tracks and everything. Things that likely would not have been possible if VR needed to be playable in all modes.

But I think with GT7, it explains a lot of why the game still looks and feels fairly cross-gen. Again, it's still a clear upgrade on GT Sport, but not to some massive extent. And it gives the extra headroom to do the entire game in VR with any number of other cars or conditions or whatever.

Which I personally think is fantastic as a massive fan of racing sims in VR, but it does beg the question of what they could have achieved if not for the compromises necessary to be fully VR-compatible.

Interesting, cuz they said the same thing of GT Sport initially.

I'm not suggesting they're lying here, in fact, I think it might make some sense.

See, GT Sport's initial showings were quite lackluster, technically.
Nah, it was best looking 60fps track racing game on ps4/xone generation. (Recomand DF compariosn video from 2017). Gt7 was for sure ideal candidate for vr as they targetting native 4k and 60 so easier to move to vr than for example from game that is like 30 fps in 1440p.

Nah, it was best looking 60fps track racing game on ps4/xone generation. (Recomand DF compariosn video from 2017). Gt7 was for sure ideal candidate for vr as they targetting native 4k and 60 so easier to move to vr than for example from game that is like 30 fps in 1440p.
??? Not sure what you're trying to say here.

GT Sport was initially announced to be fully playable with VR. The whole game. This was after the game was shown off with kinda lackluster visuals.

Then the game came back later and they reversed course and said the game wouldn't be fully playable in VR anymore and the game also looked a fair bit better. I'm saying this wasn't a coincidence.

Whether you think it was the best looking track racing game on XB1/PS4 is completely irrelevant to everything I just said(not that I'd even agree).

Back