If I were supreme emperor of the world these would be my gaming laws

ZebMacahan

Newcomer
Halo

Keep the guys who designed the gunplay and the indoor forerunner graphics. Fire everbody else. The open world, story, characters, combat encounters all sucked. Worst.Open.World.Ever. Make it like Halo 3. Fun, varied, and memorable combat set pieces. No collecting stuff to upgrade stuff. Maybe some lore could be stashed away in some corners, but it doesnt matter if you miss it. And no flood. No playing as the arbiter. Classic Halo. A bunch of fun levels you can replay at will. The chief is an empty husk for the player to place themselves in. Unpopular opinion: the grappling hook was fun but it isnt in line with my idea of the halo fantasy so it goes as well. Anyone who objects will be sent to rethinking camps run be the Hypnotoad.

The next red dead or rockstar game

They always make totaly amazing worlds with horrendous gameplay. Rdr2 was the absolute worst in that regard. Animations can be realistic but still work in a game context. Rockstar will have to learn from Naughty dog in that respect. They have great balance between realism and fun controls.
More imperial laws Rockstar has to follow:
*No mashing A to galopp or run
*Default map buttons so you can turn the camera and run at the same time
*Dont have these two speeds for the character: walk like a snail or run too fast and run into stuff (take note from ND)
*Have a fun gameplay loop in your games, make shooting fun.

Microsoft

How can the interface on everyone of your products be so crappy and confusing?!

A L.A Noire game for VR

LA Noire would be perfect for VR. Collecting clues, interogating suspects, some simple shoot outs where you reload and aim by hand. Skip the open world. Focus on high fidelity graphics.

A HD remaster of the original SSX

Dont change anything. Leave the graphics as they are, but in higher resolution and 60 fps. Wouldn´t that be easy money?

Im a little tired of having to kill a bunch of cute animals in every other game just to get a bigger ammo bag. At least make them horrifying predators who fight back if you have to do it.

If I were in a position to dictate what happens or doesn't happen in games?

Number 1 priority by far...

Pardon the following all caps paragraph...

KEEP ALL THE DAMN PROTAGONISTS THAT I'M CONTROLLING FROM TALKING TO THEMSELVES LIKE RETARDS MENTALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUALS THAT JUST GOT OUT OFF THE SHORT BUS COMING HOME FROM THE SCHOOL FOR SPECIAL CHILDREN.

...okay back to normal text. That's the most aggravating thing in games the past few years. Protagonists that are constantly talking to themselves as if they and by extension the players are stupid idiots that can't figure out how to tie their own shoes if the protagonist didn't talk to themselves and explain to themselves step by step how to tie their shoe while the player is having them tie their shoes.

Nothing better than walking by a door or something and the protagonist feels the need to tell the player, "Hey, we need a way into that building perhaps there's a door nearby?" Like, NO DUH!, I'm staring at the damn door that you so helpfully let me know that I need to use because I have a mission that requires me to go into this building and usually I use a door to get into buildings.

AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH.

Talking protagonists are the WORST thing ever when they have them incessantly talking.

I hate any developer that uses that method to try to get players to do exactly what the developers expect the players to do. Maybe I don't want to go into that goddamn door yet in the above scenario. Maybe I want to F'ing explore a little first. Ever think of that you stupid developer?!?!?!?!

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

At least try to treat the player with some dignity and assume they can think beyond a kindergarten level.

Thank goodness for every 10-20-30 games like HZD or Assassins Creed that feel the need to hold the gamer's precious little hand and guide them step by step on how to do every single little thing in the game because gamer's won't know what to do because they are too stupid to figure things out ... there exists at least 1 game like Elden Ring which is like, "Hey, you're a grown person with some intelligence, I trust that you'll be able to figure out what to do without us telling you every single freaking step of the way what you should be doing."

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH.

Talking protagonists are the WORST thing ever when they have them incessantly talking.

I hate any developer that uses that method to try to get players to do exactly what the developers expect the players to do. Maybe I don't want to go into that goddamn door yet in the above scenario. Maybe I want to F'ing explore a little first. Ever think of that you stupid developer?!?!?!?!

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!
:) The thing is they might already have the data that suggest to them(developer) that they(developer) need to do this. Sorry it is not what you want to hear but many of them have a good idea of how many players are able to figure something out on their own... not doing such things might create a barrier. The best option is for you to be able to turn that stuff off if you want. :)

Last edited:
Only Rockstar is allowed to make open world games.

PC games must allow uncapped framerates with fighting games being the only exception.

Nintendo is a 3rd party software company only.

Sony and Microsoft are not allowed to buy any established multiplatform studios.

No CGI, vertical slice or in-engine trailers permitted. Real time gameplay only.

Developers and publishers pay is directly correlated to the quality of game they put out.

If I were in a position to dictate what happens or doesn't happen in games?

Number 1 priority by far...

Pardon the following all caps paragraph...

KEEP ALL THE DAMN PROTAGONISTS THAT I'M CONTROLLING FROM TALKING TO THEMSELVES LIKE RETARDS MENTALLY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUALS THAT JUST GOT OUT OFF THE SHORT BUS COMING HOME FROM THE SCHOOL FOR SPECIAL CHILDREN.

...okay back to normal text. That's the most aggravating thing in games the past few years. Protagonists that are constantly talking to themselves as if they and by extension the players are stupid idiots that can't figure out how to tie their own shoes if the protagonist didn't talk to themselves and explain to themselves step by step how to tie their shoe while the player is having them tie their shoes.

Nothing better than walking by a door or something and the protagonist feels the need to tell the player, "Hey, we need a way into that building perhaps there's a door nearby?" Like, NO DUH!, I'm staring at the damn door that you so helpfully let me know that I need to use because I have a mission that requires me to go into this building and usually I use a door to get into buildings.

AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH.

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

At least try to treat the player with some dignity and assume they can think beyond a kindergarten level.

Thank goodness for every 10-20-30 games like HZD or Assassins Creed that feel the need to hold the gamer's precious little hand and guide them step by step on how to do every single little thing in the game because gamer's won't know what to do because they are too stupid to figure things out ... there exists at least 1 game like Elden Ring which is like, "Hey, you're a grown person with some intelligence, I trust that you'll be able to figure out what to do without us telling you every single freaking step of the way what you should be doing."

Regards,
SB
Do you have any idea how I learned to open doors and tie my shoe laces in real life? Thank God gaming!
They prepared me and paved the way for me to play Elden Ring!

No CGI, vertical slice or in-engine trailers permitted. Real time gameplay only.

Developers and publishers pay is directly correlated to the quality of game they put out.

Agree. Feels like waste of time watching those, tells me nothing about the game :mad:

Games should be smaller but denser. Everything should be perfected to the level of Sega arcade and Saturn era games. All NPCs should be detailed to the level of Panzer Dragoon Saga (every NPC has a backstory and progression).

I would allow developers and publishers free reign to make whatever they feel like, then relinquish my crown. I don't believe in authoritarian control. :)

Now to answer the real question: How should gaming evolve?

- Not everything needs to be open world with RPG elements all over the place.
- Not everything needs to be 60 fps, especially low-motion games.
- I prefer quality over quantity. Give me 10-12 hour focused experiences instead of 1000 hour procedurally generated nonsense.
- Give me new console hardware every 3 years.
- Give me a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga.
- Bring back economic focused RTS games like The Settlers instead of everything being about combat.

Last edited:
I would allow developers and publishers free reign to make whatever they feel like, then relinquish my crown. I don't believe in authoritarian control. :)

Now to answer the real question: How should gaming evolve?

- Not everything needs to be open world with RPG elements all over the place.
- Not everything needs to be 60 fps, especially low-motion games.
- I prefer quality over quantity. Give me 10-12 hour focused experiences instead of 1000 hour procedurally generated nonsense.
- Give me new console hardware every 3 years.
- Give me a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga.
- Bring back economic focused RTS games like The Settlers instead of everything being about combat.

I don´t belive in authoritarian control either, the exception being if I were the emperor of course ;D

Before getting my OLED I agreed with about 60 fps. In many games I would prefer better graphics over 60 fps, but 30 fps (and ven 40) is unplayble on OLED for me. I dont know how many players have OLEDs, or how 30 fps is on newer LCDs, but I hope the gaming industry takes OLED users into consideration.

Agree with everything being open world and proceduarally generated content. Odysey was one of the must fake feeling open world I´ve played, except halo infinite maybe. Played thru halo 3 some month ago. It was so nice that 90% av the play time was just awesome combat. No collecting stuff or destrying silos or propaganda towers.

New law:
-Release north and south like it was on the amiga 500. The battles were so awesome. The canon, horses and infantry dynamic was so simple and fun.

-Release north and south like it was on the amiga 500. The battles were so awesome. The canon, horses and infantry dynamic was so simple and fun.
The music and sound effects were also amazing. I loved North & South. The AI (aka cheating logic) got really brutal as the gone wore on. I think I only beat it a handful of times.

What was wrong with LA Noire VR case files? Honest question, never played it.
Decent idea, poor execution, during the advent of VR hype?

That they took something that was already janky in its original conception and made it even more janky, to the point of being constantly immersion breaking stupid?

Just going by what I've been told by VR-friends, though your embedded video seems to support this notion.

(I've played the original, which was incredibly janky, but with pace and gameplay that I could, perhaps, see translating to VR; so I also kida' get why they did it.)

Back