Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
First time checked game as is now in ps plus extra, quite impressed it reconstruction results from 1080p, very stable image (better stability than matrix tech demo also scaled from around 1080p)

Such a phenomenal game! It's really the Resogun of PS5.

I am currently in biome 2. I just wish we wouldn't start with the same shitty pistol again and again... Other than that the rogue thing is well done (for now).

The game is reminding me Nex Machina a lot (in which we could easily get our previous weapon after each death so this is why I feel like they could have done a similar thing in Returnal).

n5WtT10.jpeg

Returnal also supports ray-traced shadows as before, but now our friends at Climax Studios have added the support for RT reflections as well. This will make the contrast of a dark setting and neon bullets pop out even more than before.*

*Use of performance enhancing upscaling like NVIDIA DLSS is recommended when using both ray-traced reflections and ray-traced shadows.

I'm curious if the game actually will scale to as many CPU threads as the requirements seem to imply. If so, if it's primarily due to relying on the CPU for storage/decompression somewhat like Spider-Man.

yay! and when it became too hard, i can simply cheat my way!

assuming i can start it in offline mode... so no ban risk. or they will still ban me?

What a surprise... the 32GB RAM for recommended specs has been dropped to 16GB 😏

On the flip side they are now recommending an SSD at all levels though. This certainly makes sense given the games fast loading, but it's interesting that the recommended which seem to be PS5 spec (1060p/60) only asks for 16GB now. Testing load and restart times in this game should be interesting on different systems.

Where would RT shadows even apply? The only shadows outside of cutscenes seem to be on the main character in the trailer. Where else are there real time shadows in this game?

Where would RT shadows even apply? The only shadows outside of cutscenes seem to be on the main character in the trailer. Where else are there real time shadows in this game?
Maybe don't judge it by a trailer? There's different environments in the game with varied time of day and lighting conditions.

Back