Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Likely surprising no one here 3.18 was delayed until 2023. It is available if you are part of the evocati but for everyone else next year

If anything, this is probably the reason Starfield got the go ahead to release before Elder Scrolls 6, whether that is a good or bad thing.

If anything, this is probably the reason Starfield got the go ahead to release before Elder Scrolls 6, whether that is a good or bad thing.
That isn't the reason. Starfield is complete while elder scrolls has been in development for only a few mins

I'm sure though, some development resources that could have been allocated to Elder Scrolls 6 were allocated to Starfield's development. That's pure speculation though.

I'm sure though, some development resources that could have been allocated to Elder Scrolls 6 were allocated to Starfield's development. That's pure speculation though.

You can say that for anything really if its the same company. Game Scope has expanded , it takes longer and longer to create a game esp a large RPG like bethesda makes. Two RPG franchises weren't going to cut it so they are including a third. I actually wouldn't be surprised they included a 4th at some point. Remember when you are first making a game there is a lot of work that goes on that doesn't need a huge amount of developers on it.

A very good SC gameplay video. The missiles flying by, explosions, beautiful landscapes, fights against players, etc.

And with Lawlman in there, the goofs, plenty of goofs. :) But they do showcase lots of little details that many large AAA studios still ignore. Like you can hop on the tram which in game serves only one purpose as a trasition between areas of a city.

Or that while technically impressive that you can land a starship on a planet, and then drive your vehicle onto the starship, then take off with the vehicle in the starship with people sitting in the vehicle in the starship looking at and being seen by the crew of the starship and even communicating between them ... once you're in space you can also jettison the vehicle and its passengers out into space. :D And if you are too close to the planet, your vehicle will slowly plummet back to the surface!

So many things in this game are only possible because they basically have unlimited development funds.

Regards,
SB

There used to be only individual modules and now everything is united in Star Citizen.

With over 800 internal employees they are now one of the larger studios. With the majority working on Squadron 42 work on Star Citizen is a little slower. But a lot of work is being copied over to Star Citizen. When Squadron 42 arrives I'm curious to see whether they'll concentrate on Star Citizen afterwards or whether they'll make another single player.

There will be a lot of changes to Star Citizen because they are working on almost everything. I'm looking forward to the new interface for navigation. Then the power gameplay for multiplayer mechanics in large spaceships. Then soft body physical ship armour, AI crew members, more tools for spacesuits, more combat gadget, bigger ground combat missions. Just looking at the artwork for the new bunkers it looks extremely promising on an epic scale.

Despite crises, negative press, etc. CIG's revenues are constant with positive development. They are more resilient than I would have expected.

I posted the video above but yes 100+ is in now
Looking at this CIG could make a better VR experience than Facebook. The possibilities would be large in SC. In SC you could meet with your friends in your skycraper apartment where you can look out of the window and watch all the movement and busy day-to-day business. Then you can go into your spaceship and start a journy with them. Where to? Maybe to the volcano or the dangerous pirate areas. Everything with a very beautiful and high-quality look.

Last edited:
Looking at this CIG could make a better VR experience than Facebook. The possibilities would be large in SC. In SC you could meet with your friends in your skycraper apartment where you can look out of the window and watch all the movement and busy day-to-day business. Then you can go into your spaceship and start a journy with them. Where to? Maybe to the volcano or the dangerous pirate areas. Everything with a very beautiful and high-quality look.
The models / avatars might even have legs!

Testing new Gen12 render

Seems to be a wash due to server population on the test servers.

They really need to get performance issues fixed up a bit. with a 7700x 32gigs of ram and 3080 space is fine but in space stations the performance can get into the 30s.

Attachments

• 1673454210148.png
    1673454210148.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
nothing of significance. I'd wager 2024 at this point. 10 years after the original launch date lol !

I'm thinking more like: "Son, your daddy bought this video game three girlfriends before your daddy met your mother. Now that you are old enough, I'm giving it to you. To have, as I have had. Perchance, when you yourself have children, that they may be able to play it."

The current footage being shown is impressive. But ultimately just reminds me that this game was announced 2 generations ago. Feature creep and bloat is a hell of a thing, definitely shouldn't be normalized

I'm thinking more like: "Son, your daddy bought this video game three girlfriends before your daddy met your mother. Now that you are old enough, I'm giving it to you. To have, as I have had. Perchance, when you yourself have children, that they may be able to play it."

It'll be like that scene from Mad Maxx ...

The Tell of Star Citizen

Back