Nvidia's missing tech demos

So we've heard about all of the interesting technology behind Nvidia's GF6800 tech demos, we've seen some nice screenshots, and the products themselves are now available in stores. But as far as I know, none of the boards are actually shipping with any of these demos included, and Nvidia's website has nothing more than wallpaper to download.

Any ideas what the hold up might be? I've heard the demos can be obtained from unofficial sources, but that doesn't really explain why Nvidia wouldn't be anxious to have everyone see them. ATI's tech demos were available on their web site as soon as the first X800s shipped, and within a couple of weeks there was already a wrapper making it work on other products. I'm still waiting to see how Nalu will look on my X800...

Do you know which cards include them? None of the people I know who received their 6800s so far got any of the demos with them. That, coupled with the fact that they're still not on Nvidia's website several months after their launch, just made me wonder what issues might be holding them up.

I'm pretty sure I got a copy of all of them, I just can't run 'em. :(

They're out there, I have no clue why nVidia just doesn't make 'em publically available...

...oh yeah, that's right! I remember now. nVidia hates their customers, that's why they're so god-awful about official drivers and such too. :)

You can download some of the tech demos through eMule. At least, Nalu is there. Downloaded it yesterday and it looks great, though there seems to be a bit of wierdness with the hair. Perhaps I'll try some different drivers to see if that's the problem...

Considering I have the slowest of the 6800 line, I thought it ran just fine. Downloaded it a couple of days ago.

Back