Formula 1 - 2023 Season

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
Mick Schumacher to Mercedes as reserve driver.
Daniel Ricciardo to Red Bull as reserve driver.
Binotto leaves Ferrari (likely pushed out.).
Vasseur to Ferrari.
Siedl to Sauber, leaving McLaren.
Capito out from Williams.

Big question, has Mercedes fixed the problems they had with the W13 or will it be another season of misery for them?
And finally, rumours are Ferrari have developed a "rocket engine" for 2023.

Mick Schumacher to Mercedes as reserve driver.
Daniel Ricciardo to Red Bull as reserve driver.
Binotto leaves Ferrari (likely pushed out.).
Vasseur to Ferrari.
Siedl to Sauber, leaving McLaren.
Capito out from Williams.

Big question, has Mercedes fixed the problems they had with the W13 or will it be another season of misery for them?
And finally, rumours are Ferrari have developed a "rocket engine" for 2023.
How can you develop an engine for 2023?

Yeah, I thought the engines were theoretically locked in last year except for “reliability” updates until 2025 or 2026. People say Ferrari were clever in taking chances with their engine, knowing they could iterate toward reliability but not performance. They did have a lot of engine problems this year.

Steiner seems to be the source of the information. Looks like reliability issues forced Ferrari to turn the engine down mid season in 2022.
Now they're on top of the issues, performance is back up.
Edit:

Last edited:
i will believe it when they run a car they built, until that its just hot air

First, the 60-year-old tried to buy the Sauber team last year. When that fell through, Andretti announced plans to set up his own team. That, too, was met with reluctance from F1's power brokers, who were not convinced the project was solid enough to add the required value to a sport that is experiencing a significant growth in global interest, especially in the USA.

Andretti was effectively told: "Go away and find a car manufacturer to support your bid, and we'll look at it again."

So he did. He landed a big one - American icon General Motors, formerly the world's biggest car company and still one of the largest, announced last week that it would join forces with Andretti using its luxury brand Cadillac.

Andretti now feels he has done enough, and the FIA also sounded convinced, saying in a statement last week that it was "particularly pleasing to have interest from two iconic brands."

But F1 was lukewarm. It talked about the "great interest in the F1 project at this time, with a number of conversations continuing that are not as visible as others", adding: "Any new entrant request requires the agreement of both F1 and the FIA."

On Sunday, Ben Sulaymen put out another statement on Twitter.

"It is surprising that there has been some adverse reaction to the Cadillac and Andretti Global news," he wrote.

"We should be encouraging prospective entries from global manufacturers like GM and thoroughbred racers like Andretti and others."

The odd thing about this was that there had not been any "adverse reaction" to the Andretti news - at least not publicly.
But many stakeholders in F1 have concerns as to whether, if a new team is to enter F1, this is the right one.

The key phrase that keeps coming up is whether Andretti would "add value" to F1? This is about competitiveness and investment.

Lol. Ok fair enough
In that case: will Magnussen get to podium this season?
I doubt it. Even if Haas starts the season with a good car and Ferrari improves their engine via “reliability” updates, I don’t see the teams ahead of Haas having as many reliability failures as last year. Still, should be fun seeing if Nico can push Kevin.

kevin will fight nico super hard but im not sure nico can push kevin, lets see

new boys will be interesting to see perform, i assume piastri will do the best based on the team he is in, can he push norris at all?
albon vs sargeant will be fascinating, dont know much about sargeant, but i suspect tsunoda vs de vries will have the latter come out on top.

kevin will fight nico super hard but im not sure nico can push kevin, lets see

new boys will be interesting to see perform, i assume piastri will do the best based on the team he is in, can he push norris at all?
albon vs sargeant will be fascinating, dont know much about sargeant, but i suspect tsunoda vs de vries will have the latter come out on top.
The 'others' will be the best part of S5 of Drive to Survive. The top 3, those drivers and manufacturers will always have jobs more or less. Everyone after is always fighting to survive, the stakes are real and everyone there is clawing for any points, makes for great drama and viewing.

From the same site, a mildly interesting interview with Frederic Vasseur that reads a bit like it was conducted via email: https://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/interview-frederic-vasseur/

I didn’t know he had an engineering background, like Binotto (maybe not as extensive?). The latest Missed Apex podcast said the rumor is that Ferrari’s engine has gained a lot of power over the winter, more than RB Honda or Merc (30hp vs 15 or 10, IIRC).

From the same site, a mildly interesting interview with Frederic Vasseur that reads a bit like it was conducted via email: https://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/interview-frederic-vasseur/

I didn’t know he had an engineering background, like Binotto (maybe not as extensive?). The latest Missed Apex podcast said the rumor is that Ferrari’s engine has gained a lot of power over the winter, more than RB Honda or Merc (30hp vs 15 or 10, IIRC).
well regarding the ferrari engine, it burned in 2022 (remember austria? carlos sainz does) so they turned it down and if they just fixed that problem it should be great again

Back