Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2022-]

Oh you using the original Q2VKRT Port - have you tried the Nvidia Release of Q2RTX?
this should be the version you mention.

Native 4K = 11 fps. GI set to the highest setting. 190W -GPU maxes out here, default settings. 228W is the max if you choose that-

AWCa1RU.jpg

4K with dynamic resolution scaling targeting 60fps.GI set to the highest setting. 60 rock solid fps, 190W.

WKXhX8j.jpg

had an issue with Shadow of the Tomb Raider not enabling XeSS, and I solved it using this advice, after reinstalling the drivers -the drivers let you perform a clean installation which is good-:

Some other issues. Jurassic World Evolution 2 with RT on runs okay and all but despite being a DX 12 game, there are many graphical glitches.

Last edited:
Tested the GPU on Linux, the experience had lights and shadows. Tbh I don't usually game on Linux, the lack of HDR, pc gamepass and some compatibility issues, detract me from the experience. Maybe those things will eventually get fixed.

First the good news:

- Games that didn't start on Windows I don't know why, now they start: Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil HD Remake. I imagine it will be the same with RE6 and the Revelations, as well as Ultimate Capcom vs Marvel 3.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it runs. And also at native 4K it performs as expected. It lags behind the Windows version by not having XeSS or HDR support though, which changes the game a lot, although it is good to recall and compare what those technologies really do for the image quality.

And the bad:

- RE starts fine in windowed mode with Proton 7, and doing the Steam Play thing, but then when going to Video Options it stays there and does nothing, it doesn't go to the video options.
- RE installation was ok too, although the OS could remain inoperable for minutes and hours. It was starting to install and the mouse did not move nor the screen did anything. I turned the PC off by force and when I came back the game was actuallly installed, very strange.
I asked about that and it seems to be a common issue with Ubuntu and its Wayland desktop.
- CoD Modern Warfare 2 didnt run, as expected. Gotta admit that I didn't perform any kind of fine tuning, which Linux needs to play certain games.

he talks about the A750, but the performance is similar. According to guru3D, at a pure raytracing benchmark -not hybrid which is obviously what videogames normally use- the A770 draws with some high-end raytracing GPUs.

Last edited:
it took them a while because they couldn't get their hands on a A770 until now. Guru3D review: they give a score of 8,1.

Conclusion​

As gamers, we need to wonder if we would purchase this card for our own usage. And that's a far more difficult question than we realized. Using a graphics card that was not powered by an AMD or NVIDIA graphics chip seemed fiction. But here we are. Honestly, we're not at all disappointed as to what intel brought to the table here. Remember, this really is the first-ever mainstream graphics card from Intel, it could have been much much worse. It is for that sole reason that we're a bit mire lenient to intel as we would have been to AMD or NVIDIA. You do get compromises to deal with. Resizable BAR is pretty much mandatory and your focus probably needs to be DX12 games as that's what Intel placed most focus on. Intel still has a lot of work to do with driver optimizations. But the potential is there. Unfortunately, this first release was hampered by low availability, driving up prices. And that, in the end, does not make the A770 competitive enough against the two other big guns in the industry. In the current retailer price range, it's fighting the Radeon RX 6700 XT and RTX 3060 Ti even RTX 3070, and to these cards, the A770 is no match. But yeah, Intel does bring a [properduct that feels sound enough. Current performance in modern games is sufficient, and it is difficult to abandon that vast 16GB RAM pool also.

Driver enhancements and more consistency are still required, but the Arc A770 is an encouraging card that may mature over time. Though I have had my doubts about Intel's first gaming GPUs, the past week of testing has made me hopeful about Intel's future prospects. Intel's debut with this generation was bound to be challenging, but I believe it delivered considerably more so than we expected, but whether it's enough ... that's a different story. Intel appears to be on the correct track battling with the top guns in the graphics industry, perhaps sooner than we anticipated. Alhemist is the GPU design we tested today, but really Intel's focus is already on the next generation, Battlemage, and then Celestial. In the end, competition is fantastic for PC gaming.

In closing I'd like to close on this note, perhaps with the A770, we get a glimpse of what's to come in the future. The performance is heading in the right way; all that remains is waiting for good availability and software optimization support. If pricing and availability would not have been this complicated, Intel would already have had a profound contender in the mainstream segment. We can't wait to see what their future products will bring to the table.

Not to give you more work @Cyan.
There's now dxvk v2 released.

Worth saying thanks, your posts have been really good.
many thanks for sharing! And your kind words. Can't wait to give it a try with the "imposibles" club, which has been Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil HD Remake, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Ultimate Capcom vs Marvel 3 and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Got RE0 and HD Remake to launch in Linux, but that's about it, 'cos there were some serious issues I had when using the menus -maybe the right version of Proton mitigates that, but I barely use Linux for gaming because of lack of HDR, pc gamepass, and other features- and nothing seemed to work afterwards, the game became a black screen.

Last edited:
edit: mistaken supposition regarding DirectStorage.

Tried DXVK 2, alas Resident Evil HD Remake is not working yet. The new version features some very nice changes, instead of having three separate D3D10 files, it uses a single file like DX9 and DX11.

Last edited:
Starwars Battlefront II used to be a "CPU killer" when launching the game, almost all the cores and threads of the CPU were running at 100% and it took the game a while to load. It seems that DirectStorage is working now with it not only because the CPU is not stressed to crazy levels, but the game also loads almost instantly from launch to main menu.
I thought DirectStorage requires integration into the game to take advantage of? There's no chance this game was updated to support it. Likely it's other issues they fixed over time that resulted in much better load times.

To take full advantage of it yes but all games will get a performance boost from the general I/O improvements made by DirectStorage.
Huh? DirectStorage isn't replacing Windows IO-system, it's used only when devs actually code their app/game to use it.

I thought DirectStorage requires integration into the game to take advantage of? There's no chance this game was updated to support it. Likely it's other issues they fixed over time that resulted in much better load times.

It absolutely requires code level changes.
you are right, gotta fix it right away. It's simply due to the fact that the NVMe is much faster than my SSD.

New guru3D review, featuring the A750.

So Intel's new datacenter GPUs run at 600w, but they have RT accelerators and can run the Moana Island in near realtime.

Battlemage looking, really good? :oops:
Battlmage will have more cores than a 4090.. it will have the best ray tracing on a gpu.. thats from my calculation 😏✅

As this thread probably has the most relevance to DXVK on here atm, worth nothing that a recent large update has been released:

DXVK 2.0

DXVK 2.0 Async

Lots of changes listed on their respective github pages. The most relevant improvement for users of DXVK on Windows though, is that it resolves a number of issues with it not working on some DX11 games. Two in particular I always couldn't get it working in DX11 mode with that really needed its improvements were two Batman games: Arkham City and Batman: Origins. They both now launch and run with DXVK in DX11, and as it improved them with DX9, it now significantly improves their framerate consistency in their DX11 modes as well.

While I can't say it's 100%, never-ever-ever deviating from 60fps lock as you still might experience the odd judder when flying across the city, Arkham City with DXVK now has now come as close as to eliminating the traversal stutters as possible. Running on my 3060 at 4K, MSAA 2X, all settings maxxed (exception tesselation at normal instead of high), physx high, running from a sata SSD - gliding/boosting across Arkham City is far smoother in DX11 under Vulkan than it was under native DX9.

Batman: Origins also had some frame pacing issues under DX11 when gliding that weren't tied to framerate, this also fixes them and it's pretty much a perfect 60fps lock now. If you're using a fixed refresh display, both games also benefit from Vulkan's vsync being triple-buffered by default, City and Origins always had a hard double-buffer implementation in DX11 which would plummet your framerate to 30fps if it ever dipped under 60, DXVK also fixes this so if you do drop due to GPU load, it will only drop in the single digits.

As always, I recommend using the Async version which really cuts down on those initial compilation stutters. DXVK 2.0 non-async is much better in this regard mind you than 1.10, but the async version is still better.

Recommended as well to delete your .dxvk.cache file if you're upgrading from a previous version, which is located in the same folder as where you placed the dll's alongside the game's exe if the game you're running is from a storefront other than Steam, or have Steam's shader caching disabled. If it's a Steam version and you have shader caching enabled, you can find dxvk's created pipeline caches in \<drive where game is installed>\SteamLibrary\Shadercache\GameID\dxvk_state_cache. I experienced some additional stutter when just dumping the 2.0 dll's files into a game that I had run with dxvk 1.10 which were cleared up once I started with a fresh cache.

Also, I've still encountered the issue with some games where they would launch the game's process, but it would remain stuck in task manager if Geforce Experience overlay was enabled, so keep that in mind.

Speaking of Arkham City btw, I was looking for its version of the Arkham Reborn texture pack/launcher, and eventually came into the developers discord. They've been plugging away at the Arkham City version of this for a while and apparently it's within weeks of release. So new launcher with ability to upgrade shadows/lod's, alongside a texture pack integrated - that means it's actually installable so you don't need to use texmod and wait 5+ minutes while it injects like with older texture mods for City. So if you're going to replay Arkham City anytime soon, keep an eye out for that.

Last edited:
Back