Star Ocean: The Divine Force [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

This actually looks like a decent step up from the last game which was obviously a pretty low budget cross-gen ps3 game. Now we got a cross-gen PS4 game, but with open environments that has much more densely packed detail and we can fly & explore anywhere.

iAWJXXd.gif

ao8jeqi5jnicqdvrfihl.jpg

Aww man those rocks/elevated lands! Makes me remember Xbox 360 era (or Nintendo Switch xenoblade chronicles 1 2 3)

I forgot this game (will) exist. I wonder why. Usually I has always been pretty hyped with star ocean

Wth is this game an early access indie game?

Why everything are so awkward. As if it was mish mashed together. With no central direction.

Edit:
Felt like that final fantasy-like indie game made in unity (that I can't remember the title) when it was still in early access many years ago

There are more responses from him in the thread.

Unfortunately on Xbox series s, it's still a stuttery mess with VRR.

Fortunately my brain quickly tunes those out. Unfortunately I can't stop noticing how the whole demo felt clobbered together.

I wonder if the final game will have this "intro chapter" revamped.

But with how bad it is, the revamp needed would be much more extensive than final fantasy xv Royale edition.

Edit:

Talking about performance, in addition to frame rate issues, it also have

* NPCs pops in right in my face
* low res textures on lots of places when you use the Fly skill
* low resolution UI elements like texts
* very bad lip sync
* wind physics that made no sense

It seems kinda similar performance issues with cyberpunk 2077 at launch on PS4?

Wth is this game an early access indie game?

Why everything are so awkward. As if it was mish mashed together. With no central direction.

Edit:
Felt like that final fantasy-like indie game made in unity (that I can't remember the title) when it was still in early access many years ago
To be fair I could hardly recall an indie of this scale yet still having the same level of polishing. There are certainly quite a lot more polished indie titles but usually less ambitious and targeting a smaller scale.
But I mean it's tri-ace, we kinda all know it's running on low-budget for the past gen and will likely continue this trend in the current gen too... Most of these jrpgs probably won't outsell the top indie titles either.

So that's why it felt like an early access indie game. It was made by kinda literal skeleton crew. With devs being bled dry.

Hopefully that was not the case. That they actually were carefully allocated the work, so the devs still can have proper pay and proper work life balance. Sacrificing the game quality.

I'm hoping Star Ocean 6 will be a huge hit. I have had mine on pre-order since pre-orders went live. However, with Persona 5 still being very popular and releasing the week on all platforms and Gamepass the week before and Modern Warfare 2 releasing the day afterward, things are not looking up, IMO. I will try and split my time between Persona 5 and this game, but I'm not sure how many people will do the same.

In the future, they might have to abandon engine development, at least for a bit. It might help Tri-Ace get to a point where they can afford to make big-budget games again. Getting used to making games using industry-standard engines will also allow them to take up more work supporting other studios if necessary. I know it's not a popular opinion, but there is a reason many AAA studios are at least doing their next current-gen game on UE5 if they haven't abandoned engine development altogether.

On the technical and gameplay side, Tri-Ace has the talent to be a valuable asset to one of the console manufacturers if it were possible to purchase them, IMO.

If only Tri crescendo still make games or get absorbed back to Tri ace...

Eternal sonata was beautiful and fun, albeit annoying

I mean it doesn't look AAA, but it doesn't look bad either for what is seemingly a pretty large Star Ocean PS4 title after SO5's disappointment. Looks better than Valkyrie Elysium with way more varied locales and assets. The gameplay in the demo is pretty fun too.

Back