Nvidia DLSS 1 and 2 antialiasing discussion *spawn*

Interesting. Seems like something went wrong with DLSS in CP2077 1.6 update

Look at a hobo wandering around at a start of a video

This could be the interesting case of DLSS losing track of things when you idle for a bit.

It also happened with Hitman 3's DLSS update. I wonder if they fixed it after a while? Time mark around 13:58

@Dictator could help us out. And maybe could look into it.

I think it fixes itself after you move the camera or something. But it also happens again when you stand still, in the case of Hitman 3.

The Death Stranding XeSS patch also added FSR 2.0 (not 2.1 though) btw. Interestingly all the modes are supported - performance/balance/quality/ultra quality, while DLSS's balanced mode remains missing as it always has for some reason. Kinda sucks that I have the headroom for balanced on my 3060 (quality is too much), but have to stick with performance.

Then again, same microstutters as before so this is still a PS5 version for me. 😢

So I've been playing around with DLSS now that I have CP2077.

I wanted 60fps at native 1440p with high settings + some medium along with medium ray traced lighting.

Now this is impossible on a single 3060ti so I obviously need to use DLSS and I've been playing around with Nvidia DSR+DLSS combination with some interesting results.

To my eye 4k via DSR + DLSS ultra performance mode downscaled to 1440p actually looks better than native 1440p in some cases while being locked 60fps (I'm only 1hr in to the game)

Please see the attached and open in new tab to see the full effect.

Attachments

• 4k Ultra performance downsample.jpg
    4k Ultra performance downsample.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Native 1440p.jpg
    Native 1440p.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So I've been playing around with DLSS now that I have CP2077.

I wanted 60fps at native 1440p with high settings + some medium along with medium ray traced lighting.

Now this is impossible on a single 3060ti so I obviously need to use DLSS and I've been playing around with Nvidia DSR+DLSS combination with some interesting results.

To my eye 4k via DSR + DLSS ultra performance mode downscaled to 1440p actually looks better than native 1440p in some cases while being locked 60fps (I'm only 1hr in to the game)

Please see the attached and open in new tab to see the full effect.
Are the files mislabeled or..? I mean, seriously. Look at the Aoba sign, it's even relatively close to camera. Look at literally anything further away than that Delaway sign.

Are the files mislabeled or..? I mean, seriously. Look at the Aoba sign, it's even relatively close to camera. Look at literally anything further away than that Delaway sign.

Yeah the distant detail breaks down. This is something that would definitely not look good in motion.

DLSS:

1666038906225.png1666039020616.png

Native:

1666038911308.png1666039023464.png

Last edited:

You zoom in Digital Foundry style you'll see things, just like you'll see there's more details resolved in the building in the middle in the down sample, the image is shaper, the leaf's on the trees on the right have more detail resolved.

The Brooklyn Barista sign is sharper on the down sample.

I never said it was better in every aspect and in motion the down sample version for me looks better and runs faster too.

You zoom in Digital Foundry style you'll see things, just like you'll see there's more details resolved in the building in the middle in the down sample, the image is shaper, the leaf's on the trees on the right have more detail resolved.

The Brooklyn Barista sign is sharper on the down sample.

I never said it was better in every aspect and in motion the down sample version for me looks better and runs faster too.
Everyone can have their own subjective experience and I'm not touching that, but you don't need to zoom at all, in fact they're blatantly obvious and jump out even in the zoomed out preview window (Edge @ 1440p desktop). If they don't bother you good for you, but it doesn't mean they're not there.
(also I didn't even mention the horrible halo effect because whatever that thing surrounded by halo is wasn't in the other screenshot at all)

I just tried Detroit Become Human on my 2080Ti, max settings, native 4K, and I can't stand the amount of blur on the image, it's so disgustingly blurry to the point it becomes unbearable sometimes, which reminded me that so many games have terrible TAA implementations indeed, and how gamers had to tolerate them without a solution in sight, these games beg for a DLSS2 or a DLAA implementation. I don't remember encounturing that much blur in any DLSS2 title, even on DLSS Performance.

Back