GPU Ray Tracing Performance Comparisons [2021-2022]

You claimed the GPU's now being sold due to the mining crash we now being used.

I showed you a single eBay page containing over 150 GPU's for sale from miners and across all the sales pages on eBay there are thousands upon thousands of GPU's still in the hands on miners and not being used like you claimed.
Do you know what "being sold" means?

Oh, I see that you're incapable of normal communication. That's fine.

All these GPUs will end up in gaming systems one way or another. The only thing which you have proven is your lack of mentality.

Last edited:

All these GPUs will end up in gaming systems one way or another. The only thing which you have proven is your lack of mentality.
"Being sold" means something is available for purchase, not that it has been actually sold.

Like if his favorite platform PlayStation is in every gamers hands.... lol.

"Being sold" means something is available for purchase, not that it has been actually sold.
That's right. So by highlighting a number of GPUs being sold you're actually highlighting the number of GPUs which are getting from mining into gaming machines, eventually. Since this is a process the higher is the number the more of them are actually getting sold.

View attachment 6647

So a 3080 is 60% faster than 6800XT at Ultra High RT in F1 2022, which includes ray traced shadows, reflections, AO and transparencies.

F1 is an example of a game where developers are gradually getting familiar with ray tracing, first they introduced some RT reflections and limited RT shadowibg in F1 2021, then they expanded on them in F1 2022 while introducing more effects like AO. I expect some form of GI next time.

So a 3080 is 60% faster than 6800XT at Ultra High RT in F1 2022, which includes ray traced shadows, reflections, AO and transparencies.

F1 is an example of a game where developers are gradually getting familiar with ray tracing, first they introduced some RT reflections and limited RT shadowibg in F1 2021, then they expanded on them in F1 2022 while introducing more effects like AO. I expect some form of GI next time.

Is GI that useful in a racing game though? It’s mostly just the sun and there’s not a lot of stuff for light to bounce off of on a race track.

Right now, a 3090 does 33 FPS at native 4K and Ultra RT in Control. A 4090 would therefore deliver more than 80 FPS. This would be truly an insane jump.

The 4050 @ 1080p and 4060 @ 1440p will be even more interesting. If they can both hit a solid 60fps it will only help developers aim higher than the console RT baseline.

Looks like a really high quality port!

Back