Unreal Engine 5, [UE5 Developer Availability 2022-04-05]

That's a seriously impressive real-time water sim. The way it flows around scenery, how it pools and vortexes, the way it flows over rocks then cascades and dissipates down. Even the shaders themselves are amazing. And it looks like it interacts with dynamic objects as well.

Edit: Direct Youtube link:

The water is pretty impressive but the audio is pretty good also. The sounds of the water appear to be directional rather than omnipresent. I wonder if they might be using the Project Acoustics plugin for that?

Kind of busy so was only able to watch the first few minutes, so it could also be wishful thinking on my part. :D

Regards,
SB

Another UE5 concept trailer, but this does look good (via DOS gaming).

Was hoping for better from the Starfield preview as I don't think I've honestly seen anything really worthy of being called a next gen AAA title yet. These UE5 demos are the only thing that gets my juices flowing so far, hoping Senua II is going to be jaw dropping.

Dark Souls 4 Fan Concept Trailer in Unreal Engine 5

I am indeed Kutse Yao Yao hehe
In my post in the shader compilation thread I suspected as much because it was me who tweeted you about the AMA. I wrote that in the post but then I thought, hmm maybe he doesn't want people to know that was him, so I removed it.

Anyway, thanks for asking about it! (and in a much more tactful way than my dumb self decided to I might add haha)

Glad they responded, and are actively working on things!

What's with the strange vertical artefacting of the sword+shield in the reflections? It's kinda like screen-space reflection artefacting.

Everything below the character model in the reflections on the floor is also not correct. I wonder what's going on here. SSR shouldn't be exhibiting that as the missing effects are visible in screen space, right? It's much more distracting and noticeable in motion.

what's going on..JPG

The lighting is completely wrong and things just disappear, the missing window detail is very obvious.

Regards,
SB

It's not just the reflections... even direct lighting seems pretty broken on whatever content this is. Unclear what's going on at first glance.
1655749233256.png

It's not just the reflections... even direct lighting seems pretty broken on whatever content this is. Unclear what's going on at first glance.
View attachment 6627
I am not sure if I am seeing this wrong but I think reflections and detail breaks below where Link's layout seems to be only.
So its like animated models cause artifacts, or their RT versions are broken whereas static environment and objects are treated with proper RT representations

SSR doesn't know how thick objects are. So a reflection ray that goes behind link's model assume his shape is infintely thick and extends all the way to the back walls, so it kills the ray there and retreats to tbe cubemap fall-back.

If the reflection on the cubemap fallback is lit enough at a certain spot, it might drown out all the direct lighting on top of it making it seem like the direct lighting is broken on that spot too, when in reality its in there just fine, but the cubemap contents are so bright it takes over.

Those are all guesses though.

Back