Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase [2022-06-12]

Impressive if FM retains such high quality Ray Tracing on Series X. They pretty much aimed for perfection by the looks of it. Makes GT7 look like a lesser effort.

MS is showing strong teeth.

Forza Motorsport may be the first look we have at a developer really making use of all the RDNA 2 features inside of the series s. It could be a good showcase for what is actually possible on that console. Remember when compared to last gen base systems the series s still stomps all over them in terms of cpu and gpu.
Watching that trailer and seeing things like that river and the trees. I am really wondering how incredible an rpg in that engine might look
Am I the only one who thinks that the Kojima announcement should not have been part of the show? No gameplay footage and nothing coming out this year. This might be the one thing in the show that Microsoft will regret doing.
I think they were kinda forced to bring it up at the show. Tons of rumors about it going around the last few weeks. So they just confirmed it , get fans a bit excited and that is that.

Seemed like about a B/C show graded on my "small expectations" curve. We actually got meaty Starfield gameplay which surprised me. It didn't blow me away but I get it, it's no mans skyrim. Should be loads of fun for those into that. I dont like advertising 1000 planets tho, that just tells me 950 of them are procedurally generated. I'd much rather see only say 30 hand crafted planets. Now just to wait for the probable slip to 2024 in a few months.

What else, Forza is well Forza. Main thing I wonder how much Series S is holding it back. Which will be something in the back of my mind for any current gen only titles going forward.

Redfall looked kinda lame but also ok, I'm glad it appears to be a straightforward FPS again instead of the weirdness of their last game.

Cant even think of a 4th thing to put. No PDZ or Fable altho that was leaked before. Nothing about Gears or Halo.

And everything 2023 wah wah.

That is a shame there are about 7 games that I want to play from that showcase and they all seem to be hitting within the next 12 months. I'm really interested in the minecraft RTS. I enjoyed halo wars and gears tactics so this could be good in the same way those games were.

What is great to me is these games should all be releasing by the end of june 2023 which leaves a ton of content for their next show which is likely in the fall . If in the first 6 months of 2023 we get Forza , Redfall and Starfield they will be hitting their goal of a big title every other month. Now we have to see if they can keep the momentum going forward

I was just thinking a bit more about the absolutely bonkers deal that MS somehow pulled off with Riot. That could be absolutely huge for them in Asian and Southeast Asian countries. Riot games is extremely popular in those regions and a Game Pass subscription is probably the only way for the vast majority of players there to be able to afford all the characters in those games without spending multiple hours every day playing the game.

I mean paying for all the character's in Valorant isn't too bad since there aren't all that many characters, but it's well over 500 USD to unlock all characters in League of Legends. Of course, you can also unlock characters by playing a lot, but you have to play a LOT. Ooof, just looked at their cosmetics (skins) and that gets into the thousands of USD (just for League of Legends) if you paid for all of them. Of course, again you can unlock them over time by playing a LOT, but yeah, Riot games will still be able to monetize potential whales even if it's on GP. Assuming there are any whales that aren't already playing LoL. :p

Regards,
SB

Ooh, I like the aesthetics of Ravenlok. No clue about the game itself, but I like how it looks.

One of the dev's other games, Riverbond, let's you play as a piece of bacon or a donut. Clearly should give you reason to be excited for Ravenlok. Echo Generation was also fairly charming but the difficulty curve kind killed it for me. Quite optimistic for this one. It looks like step forward in terms of gameplay/graphics scope for the team.

I think they nailed the format finally. Almost nothing but gameplay trailers on Sunday and then more in depth coverage today.

I mean, not everyone is going to care about Redfall, Forza, League of Legends, FH5 Hotwheels, Sea of Thieves Season 7, A Plague Tale: R, Persona 3,4,5, Scorn, Starfield, STALRKER 2, Minecraft Legends and Diablo IV, all landing in the next 12 months, but I do. :)

Kudos to MS for allowing GSC a voice to talk about what they and their employees have had to go through the past months. Hearing one of their storywriters talk about how difficult it is to create stories for the game with what is happening in Ukraine is heartbreaking.

Obviously not much work is able to be done on Stalker 2, but they are hoping to release it in 2023.

Regards,
SB

Didn't like the voice actors at all. Too cheesy which hurts the immersion for a survival horror game. The gameplay looked interesting though.

I had the same thought. The tone was so different than what was shown a year ago. It went from Walking Dead type of dry humor to over the top Teen angsty Young Adult something.

Clearly they decided to adjust their target audience.

Kudos to MS for allowing GSC a voice to talk about what they and their employees have had to go through the past months. Hearing one of their storywriters talk about how difficult it is to create stories for the game with what is happening in Ukraine is heartbreaking.

Obviously not much work is able to be done on Stalker 2, but they are hoping to release it in 2023.

Regards,
SB
This video is about Frogwares, but related to the situation. Ad revenue gets donated to a charity as well.

Forza Motorsport supporting RT GI, though it's not turned on for in game racing. But it's nice to see that the feature was created, saving that up next gen I suppose when they can drop traditional lighting.
Is it an option on PC?

Back