Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

The only thing I'd like from Dolby Atmos on FH5 (at least on PC) is more bass, I wonder if it's turned down somewhat? Oh, that reminds me, I think I saw a LFE (low frequency effects) slider in the options menu. I'll have to try adjusting that later.

Regards,
SB

Now here's some skills from Don Joewon Song again...

No commentary, No crazy editing, No unnecessary messing about, No nonsense!! Just me with a 1191HP Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Forza Edition - DRIVING LIKE A BOSS!!!
Every episode I create will also give you the chance to replicate it yourself. The track, the car design and the tune is available to everyone.
Track Sharecode - 584 933 858
Car Design Sharecode - 501 739 159
X-Class Tune Sharecode - 347 946 424
I truly hope you enjoy it, really glad to be creating these again :)

Some complaints.

I can but a million credit house and can have any garage car delivered to me anywhere on the map, but I can’t buy cars without teleporting to the Festival (and then having to drive back to where I was)?

There was a weekly challenge that required getting six stars in danger signs. Problem is, I had only one danger sign on my map that I hd already two-starred and no idea what event to complete to unlock more. Map and progression inscrutability remains a problem.

The AI is infuriatingly cheaty. I’m consistently beaten off the line no matter what I’m driving. Top of class (x00), traction and stability control on or off, auto or manual, AWD or RWD, appropriate tires or not, highly skilled or average AI, the AI blows by me in the first few seconds.

It’s also annoying to see the AI speed change depending on how close I am. If I pass an AI, I can generally keep it behind me, but catching up is a PITA to almost impossible barring a lucky first lap. I’m not a great driver, but I’m not as bad as the game often makes me feel. Maybe I need to try more unmodified cars, but you’d think maxing out a category should make you more competitive than I sometimes feel.

Radio stations are pretty boring this time, too. Why isn’t there a separate, DJ-free, more chilled station similar to the title screen theme?

Edit: You can turn the DJ off in Settings > Audio.

Last edited:
My thought after 15h of playing. Great graphics, best in racing game and in my top5 generally tough with some flaws like bad aliasing on foliage and not good draw distance (popup especialy bad in 60fps mode on xsx so I played 30fps). Main problem I have with this series is that whole game feel like very good endgame but lack on main one. I just don't feel much progression and goal. From arcade racing game old nfs underground did it defenitly better. Also apparently bad wheel support so here place for improvement (I played on pad). Car roaster isn't much different than in fh4. Drivatars: good to use machine learning for ai but its not good idea that they behave accordingly to people playing game, after one mission that I should drive close cars they constantly try to ram me. In the end still have good time with title and for sure will still playing on it from time to time. 8/10

Last edited:
I've started to dive into this one and I'm still torn between Performance and Quality modes. I've mainly played on Quality mode so far, but I'm curious what I'd lose IQ wise to go to 60fps.

I've started to dive into this one and I'm still torn between Performance and Quality modes. I've mainly played on Quality mode so far, but I'm curious what I'd lose IQ wise to go to 60fps.
more noticably popup and worse quality motion blur, I chose 30fps but dont switch between modes as 30 will feel unplayable, eyes have to adopt

I haven’t played fh3 besides it looks amazing and fun to play. Going by that logic it’s pointless to buy any games becouse someone did something similar in the past.
That is not a good argument. It's the same developer doing the exact same thing they did a few years ago.

The improved visuals are the only differentiator.

Last edited:
According to twitter it’s bigger as well. As I said new horizon call of duty fifa nba etc etc all redundant, basically 99% of games remasters as well.
On the serous note I would love if playground made wipeout clone. Hot wheels trailer made me think about that.

:yes:Disappointing. They already did a Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 and this doesn’t look any different.

Here's a somewhat interesting fact. The FH3 Hot Wheels expansion doesn't seem to work in FH5. :p

Now, if only there was some way to play Hot Wheels content in FH5. :unsure:

Regards,
SB

Here's a somewhat interesting fact. The FH3 Hot Wheels expansion doesn't seem to work in FH5. :p

Now, if only there was some way to play Hot Wheels content in FH5. :unsure:

Regards,
SB
Indeed. Developers should just copy paste the same expansion repeatedly so it works on the current iteration 🙄.

Indeed. Developers should just copy paste the same expansion repeatedly so it works on the current iteration 🙄.
They are doing this for the second time during the lifespan of the franchise which has now 5th iteration, are you not a bit overdramatic? I undesrtand not every content is for everyone. FH3 was xbox one game the previous gen was higly dominated by ps4 i think lot of people (including me) didnt play it.

Or keep DLCs forward compatible / make newer series backward compatible with old DLCs.

Could be a nightmare to do tho. If it was not designed to be like that from the beginning.

Yup, that's part of why I made that previous post. Unless you already own FH3 with the Hot Wheels DLC, there's not really an easy way to get it.

Considering there's millions more people playing FH5 than ever played or ever will play FH3, that means there's a LOT of people that didn't play the old Hot Wheels DLC that might be interested in playing a Hot Wheels DLC.

Regards,
SB

Whoa... @Dictator did you know that FH5 on PC is getting TAA?? I remember you guys pretty much begging for Playground to implement TAA into the engine. Seems like it finally happened!

(I don't know why that video is only 1080p lol but you can clearly see that it will fix all that nasty shimmering on the foliage. This game should look sublime now at higher resolutions!)

Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) for PC Players

For Series 9 we are adding a new graphics option called temporal anti-aliasing (TAA).

As an alternative to multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA), TAA reduces shimmering by blending multiple video frames and ensuring frame to frame differences are smoothed. Additional detail is captured, resulting in a softer image that works particularly well at lower resolutions.

Our TAA implementation in Forza Horizon 5 minimizes trails and ghosting as is typically seen with this technique. Players can also customize its final appearance using a sharpness control.

We think this is a great, new option for PC gamers, improving our tree foliage while ensuring a smoother, more stable gaming experience overall.

Wonder if this opens up the possibility of DLSS in the future?! 😊

Last edited:
Back