The Last of Us, Part 1 Remaster Remaster [PS5, PC]

I wonder if the "unburdened by technology" approach will finally include some sort of temporal AA?

So far Naughty Dog really liked to go just with native 1440p.

Naughty Dog isn't even as close to being as money hungry as Capcom is.

After RE4 is successful because it's the one game fanboys glorify to death, Capcom will probably remake RE5, 6 and 7. LOL.

You may think I'm joking. But I see a pattern with these developers that are cash grabbing up the ass. :p

Naughty Dog isn't even as close to being as money hungry as Capcom is.

After RE4 is successful because it's the one game fanboys glorify to death, Capcom will probably remake RE5, 6 and 7. LOL.

You may think I'm joking. But I see a pattern with these developers that are cash grabbing up the ass. :p
5 and 7 remakes are super unnecessary. But 6 needs a complete fucking make over, to make it non-canon and fix the mess they made that destroyed the lore with a proper Resi 6 game.

It does look basically as good as the second one. I'm not sure if it needed a remake though, I'd rather ND spent more time working on their next project.

I get that Sony want to bring everything to PC though, makes sense, all their other ports have been successful so far.

It does look basically as good as the second one. I'm not sure if it needed a remake though, I'd rather ND spent more time working on their next project.

I get that Sony want to bring everything to PC though, makes sense, all their other ports have been successful so far.
They probably developed the game on PC as a target with a simultaneous version on PS5. But they'll obviously wait before releasing the game on PC.
This would be a good way to get used to PC development for their upcoming games.

I'm definitely excited about having co-op in the series, even if it's only going to be online. Local multiplayer wouldn't look great in split screen anyway. I'm also glad they're extending the universe, like they do in The Walking Dead. That way they don't have to always just depend on the legacy characters. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that. But a universe has to be explored beyond just the one region.

Thanks, Digital Foundry for releasing the DF direct early. It gives me something to watch before the Xbox Showcase.
At the risk of upsetting people, I know that The Last of US part 1 is being remade for the PS5 not only because Naughty Dog wants to get a handle on the PS5 but also because of the new HBO Max show. Some people will watch that show, and likely the PS5 version of that game will be their first purchase of a game from that franchise.

I feel the same about this remake as I do about Resident Evil 4. The remake loses its impact when you release it so close to the first remaster. I think many devs and publishers should go back and look at their old IPs and see if the old IPs can be leveraged to get a handle on new technology before jumping headfirst into a new generation with a new IP. Hit games from the past come with their own free advertising. I just think that they should look further back. Go back a generation or two, as in PS2 or PS3 to PS5 rather than PS4 to PS5. You will likely find that people will be blown away at the changes rather than remaster/redoing something you did the generation before. You might even get people not impressed by the original release to want to check out the remake. I know I feel that way about Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
Sony really knows how to milk a series, and turn you off entirely from it. This remake wasn't needed. The PS4 remake was enough.
I am not really turned off to be honest. I would have been turned off if they got a shitload of sequels and require you to get DLCs and new editions to get the full experience.
Surely they are milking it, but it they arent doing it often

At the risk of upsetting people, I know that The Last of US part 1 is being remade for the PS5 not only because Naughty Dog wants to get a handle on the PS5 but also because of the new HBO Max show. Some people will watch that show, and likely the PS5 version of that game will be their first purchase of a game from that franchise.
I've seen discussion elsewhere where people can't wrap their heads around this idea. This is a project fills a lot of roles. A test project for PS5, a base for a forthcoming PC release, and a marketing tie in with a forthcoming TV series. How many fans wanted to play The Witcher games after being introduced to the series via the show, only to find that the first games is PC only and a bit of a clunky mess. This is an opportunity double dip into an established fanbase, and single dip into a new one.

I've seen discussion elsewhere where people can't wrap their heads around this idea. This is a project fills a lot of roles. A test project for PS5, a base for a forthcoming PC release, and a marketing tie in with a forthcoming TV series. How many fans wanted to play The Witcher games after being introduced to the series via the show, only to find that the first games is PC only and a bit of a clunky mess. This is an opportunity double dip into an established fanbase, and single dip into a new one.

The problem is it doesn't really seem to set itself apart much from the remaster. I mean this is going to be what the third version of this game . Seems to be quick turn arounds. But hey if people are happy buy buy it all over again then let them.

I feel like this is what Microsoft should have done with The Initiative. Let them remake Perfect Dark Zero for Xbox Series. It's a new studio. They needed some experience working together to sort out how all their parts fit together in an optimal way. The design is already completed. No struggles there. Get some experience on the new hardware and try to implement its new features into a game where the template is already complete. Once done, they could turn their attention to their new Perfect Dark game with renewed confidence.

The problem is it doesn't really seem to set itself apart much from the remaster. I mean this is going to be what the third version of this game . Seems to be quick turn arounds. But hey if people are happy buy buy it all over again then let them.
LOU Remaster was a 2016 release, right? That's 8 years. Shadow of the Colossus was released in 2005. got remastered in 2011 (6 years) and remade in 2018 (7 years). I can't remember a single person being upset about that schedule.

Back