Summer Game Fest 2022

So Geoff said this event is for games that have already been announced, primarily.

Wow. So is that a hint we are wasting our time, getting hyped up for nothing special? :D

Maybe they will have expanded trailers or extended content looks?

I have a feeling a lot of stuff is getting delayed this year.

So Geoff said this event is for games that have already been announced, primarily.

Wow. So is that a hint we are wasting our time, getting hyped up for nothing special? :D

Its possible that their one big trailer was leaked already and by Sony themselves. It's for the $70 TLOU Part 1 on PS5 and PC.

Last edited:
COD: MW2 looks really good. The water in the environment and the ocean looks really good.

Callisto Protocol also looked beautiful and incredibly gory.

Holy cow, a new Flashback game!

Witchfire looks pretty nice, great looking gameplay.

Whoa, Routine looks cool!

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
COD MW2 looked....fine. But I'm so tired of COD from yrs ago. I just hate the campaigns so much, so tiresome. All the building interiors look recycled for decades to me.

Does occur to me that Killzone PS3 fake trailer visuals from was it 2005? are no big deal now I guess. Because when the troops are riding that raft I think that was pretty much KZ CGI trailer level visual such as the facial models.

E3 has been so meh the last few yrs IMO the combo of summer game fest plus MS event +state of play probably will be a decent meh approximation of what e3 would haver been.

Guile gameplay looked suitably snazzy I guess. I mean, he has really big arms.

Frost Giant's new RTS has a name, Stormgate. Only a cinematic shown, however. Dev. team is made up of a lot of industry RTS veterans helmed by some people that worked on Starcraft 2.

It'll be on UE5.

Well, Spider Man coming to Xbox via Midnight Suns. :p Also on other platforms.

Animation in the new Cuphead DLC looks absolutely incredibly amazing as expected.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Frost Giant's new RTS has a name, Stormgate. Only a cinematic shown, however. Dev. team is made up of a lot of industry RTS veterans helmed by some people that worked on Starcraft 2.

It'll be on UE5.

Well, Spider Man coming to Xbox via Midnight Suns. :p Also on other platforms.

Animation in the new Cuphead DLC looks absolutely incredibly amazing as expected.

Regards,
SB

They showed off some pictures of Stormgate. So far a few games i'm interested in

Darktide, yes! I'm really looking forward to this. Basically Left4Dead (Vermintide) in the Warhammer 40k universe.

Hell yeah!

Bloober Team game is a Layers of Fear IP game in UE5.

Naughty Dog's new game is going to be multiplayer only. No details other than that. They're evidently working on multiple projects. A dig at Halo? He went out of his way to say that their TV series will be the most true to the game of any TV show based on a game. :p

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
GAF, I mean REEsetera poll on SGF (so far). Not sure why E was a choice, being cheeky?

A: 1.9%
B: 9.8%
C: 31.3%
D: 26.2%
E: 12.4%
F: 18.5%

Not too good as expected, only ~12% rate A or B. ~57% rate a C or D for the majority with C being the single most popular choice, but unfortunately for Geoff Below D had quite a strong showing, ~31%. In fact if there was no E selection, F might have challenged C for the most popular grade. So to sum up most people saw it as a C/D show, with around a 3rd considering it a fail, and around 10% considering it a strong show.

I would say I expected zero so for me I would say at least a C, maybe even a B in that light. Expect little and it's hard to be disappointed.

They had the content but the pacing and format did not help in the least. The execution of the last segment should have been talking then ending with the trailer. Instead they returned and went on talking forever before limping away.

I like hearing from the devs and all, but this main event should be setup as Trailer/Trailer/Trailer/Trailer and then have a separate event with the discussions.

They had the content but the pacing and format did not help in the least. They execution of the last segment should have been talking then ending with the trailer. Instead they returned and went on talking forever before limping away.

I like hearing from the devs and all, but this main event should be setup as Trailer/Trailer/Trailer/Trailer and then have a separate event with the discussions.
With holding my opinions on the game itself , that last segment was just really poorly thought out. I get a trailer or something leaked but come on. We are going to put a single piece of art work for a new game and get voice actors from the game to hint that they are in the show but not any of the major actors will be here and no footage to tease with for the show. Just really bad

I just think a lot of games are getting pushed back and devs are really worried because the fans just shit on every game that gets pushed back. So I am sure no dev really wants to announce a date unless they are a 100% sure.

Summer Game Fail.

Pacing was atrocious. The beginning was good but it started to become worse with each next reveal.
And one of the livestreamers mentioned that the interviews were becoming longer and longer after each reveal.

Without interviews and ads, it could be a nice 30-40m show. But as GK is trying to make it into E3 with interviews and other stuff, it does not look great.
Let's see if Xbox's approach with two showcases will be more successful.

That's fantastic news about The Last of Us multiplayer game. And I am glad the first game is getting a grand makeover, rather than a fully fledged remake, which I feel it doesn't need. :)

Sony's showing has been very underwhelming, with barely any exclusive games and new announcemements. They announced Spiderman is coming to PC, we are getting the Last of Us Remake, a Forbidden West VR, some indie games and multiplatform games that were going to be announced by the third parties anyways. I was surprised how powerful MS's showcase was with so many console launch exclusives and esclusives of new games. Plus even the existing franchises were there to impress.

Sony's showing has been very underwhelming, with barely any exclusive games and new announcemements. They announced Spiderman is coming to PC, we are getting the Last of Us Remake, a Forbidden West VR, some indie games and multiplatform games that were going to be announced by the third parties anyways. I was surprised how powerful MS's showcase was with so many console launch exclusives and esclusives of new games. Plus even the existing franchises were there to impress.
People are saying there is another Sony event at the end of the month. Perhaps sony will have events every few months vs MS's one or two bigger events ?

It sucks that Bloober Team was there, and there was nothing about a new entry for Silent Hill.

As a fan of the series, it does hit you hard.

Back