Sega Mega Drive Mini 2

I wish they'd just release these older titles as a large collection on current-gen consoles, say $60 for this 50 game collection and $60 for the previous game collection.

With the DreamCast I think they could provide value with multiple smaller sets of classic titles, perhaps $60 for 8-12 titles.

I wish they'd just release these older titles as a large collection on current-gen consoles, say $60 for this 50 game collection and $60 for the previous game collection.

With the DreamCast I think they could provide value with multiple smaller sets of classic titles, perhaps $60 for 8-12 titles.

To be honest I'd pay $5 per title. A bundle would be nice but I find it hard to justify as there is typically only a few games I actually want in the bundle

To be honest I'd pay $5 per title. A bundle would be nice but I find it hard to justify as there is typically only a few games I actually want in the bundle

I was torn between that price and a fuller bundle.

With companies being companies as they are, they prob need the larger economic incentives to bring more of the titles out. Selling them individually and having only a handful sell well would probably drive companies to not release the lesser titles, which isn't great for fans of those games. I'm willing to somewhat subsidize the lesser titles for a broader reach.

I wish gun games worked on the Saturn and DC on regular HD TVs. I'd really like to get these (Virtua Cop 1&2 and House of the Dead 2) working on my LG C1. It would be amazing.

I was torn between that price and a fuller bundle.

With companies being companies as they are, they prob need the larger economic incentives to bring more of the titles out. Selling them individually and having only a handful sell well would probably drive companies to not release the lesser titles, which isn't great for fans of those games. I'm willing to somewhat subsidize the lesser titles for a broader reach.

I mean I'd buy a lot of lower tier games for $1-2 while bigger games would get $5 . Depending on the generation I'd go up to $10 for the title (like saturn/dreamcast games)

I think the smart move would be for Sega to go hey MS and Sony we have an emulator for all our titles Master system to Dreamcast. Your ps5 and your xbox series can run all of this most of them at higher resolutions and with new filtering applied. You guys have game pass and the new playstation sub . Lets do a Sega all access add on to these like EA is doing with Microsoft. Your subscribers get access to all of it and we get a cut.

For the long hall that is most likely the smart way to play it. Just keep bringing in money. I think putting out things like the mega drive stand alone would allow them to tap into a market that doesn't buy modern systems and allows more casual fans to buy back into their childhoods. But I take a bit of an issue with these units. There really should be a way to sell more games to a customer. maybe adding an online store to these and an sd card slot or something so you can buy more games you liked on the system. Maybe put out miniature carts that actually work and have them priced reasonably for the titles on them.

I dunno thats just in my head

What the heck? How did I miss this???

I love retro consoles even tho I dont play them. If it comes to states I'll probably cop.

I wish gun games worked on the Saturn and DC on regular HD TVs. I'd really like to get these (Virtua Cop 1&2 and House of the Dead 2) working on my LG C1. It would be amazing.
I'm glad HotD got a remake and everything, but I really want a modern re-release of Virtua Cop 1 and 2.

Sadly the Saturn and DC were in the plans but werent released due to high costs of chipset production these days.

To me that seems odd. My pi 4 seems to run saturn and dc games really well and it was $20 bucks.

too be fair, chip in these probably costs 50 cents literally

My arcade 1ups have some "Allwinner" brand (cheap chinese) CPU which is probably makes the lowest end phone sold seem like a supercomputer. Very little is needed to power 16 bit era.

Last edited:
To me that seems odd. My pi 4 seems to run saturn and dc games really well and it was $20 bucks.
Have no idea. You ve got a point there. How exactly does the pi work?
Does it play the games 100% identical and well as the original hardware?

Have no idea. You ve got a point there. How exactly does the pi work?
Does it play the games 100% identical and well as the original hardware?
Well its all emulation so I would imagine its not a 100% identical. But I mean the genesis mini doesn't actually have the original genesis chips inside of it and shrunk down does it? Its most likely an arm chip that is using emulation

Yeah it's all emulation. One downside is you thus cant get away from a certain amount of input lag being introduced. On bad retro mini consoles it's bad and on good emulation mini console (generally such as these first party Sega and Nintendo ones, not say, AT Games) it's manageable I want so say around 30 ms for some reason, probably something from a DF video.

Why it isn't the original chips might be an interesting discussion. Why are old chips impossible to reproduce now? I'm sure there are technical reasons.

Yeah it's all emulation. One downside is you thus cant get away from a certain amount of input lag being introduced. On bad retro mini consoles it's bad and on good emulation mini console (generally such as these first party Sega and Nintendo ones, not say, AT Games) it's manageable I want so say around 30 ms for some reason, probably something from a DF video.

Why it isn't the original chips might be an interesting discussion. Why are old chips impossible to reproduce now? I'm sure there are technical reasons.

Getting off the shelf SoCs are much cheaper option than trying to get a custom orders old chips for faithful recreation of the old hardware.

Getting off the shelf SoCs are much cheaper option than trying to get a custom orders old chips for faithful recreation of the old hardware.
Not only that but you get extra features. Rewind, save states, full color menus for your front end... None of that would be possible on stock hardware. Even HD output would require some extra logic, and that's just included in a modern off the shelf SoC.

I mean it be cool if Sega partnered with Mister fpga for a Sega inspired machine that could I dunno connect to an online store where you could buy all the games.

The technical reason is its not worth the hassle.

Back