Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase [2022-06-12]

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/04/28/xbox-and-bethesda-showcase-on-sunday-june-12/
Today, we are excited to announce that the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will stream on Sunday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT. This show will feature amazing titles coming from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and our partners around the world.

The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will include everything you need to know about the diverse lineup of games coming soon to the Xbox ecosystem, including upcoming releases to Game Pass on Xbox and PC.

The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will be streamed on a variety of outlets, in over 30 languages. You can choose where you want to tune in from:

We’ll see you on Sunday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT.

Hot off the presses

I believe MS is going to have two big showcases this year , one being in the fall. So some games we miss this show could show up then. I think Indiana Jones is a next year show type thing and same with elder scrolls. I think avovwed is the furthest along. Might see fall out 5 hwoever

I think Indiana Jones is a next year show type thing and same with elder scrolls.

I can't imagine ES6 being shown for a couple of years. I didn't think it goes into full production until the main team finishes Starfield?

Machine Game haven't released a full game since 2019, so many we do get an Indiana Jones reveal, if not in the summer, at the year end event?

Doom Eternal was two years ago, so they probably wil show their next game (Quake?)

Zenimax Online have their next game cooking. A reveal of that is a possibility

Those two/three and a big chunk of Starfield would be enough for the Bethesda section?

I can't imagine ES6 being shown for a couple of years. I didn't think it goes into full production until the main team finishes Starfield?

Machine Game haven't released a full game since 2019, so many we do get an Indiana Jones reveal, if not in the summer, at the year end event?

Doom Eternal was two years ago, so they probably wil show their next game (Quake?)

Zenimax Online have their next game cooking. A reveal of that is a possibility

Those two/three and a big chunk of Starfield would be enough for the Bethesda section?

1) I think ES6 is after fable. So I think we will see Fable next year and ES6 the year after.
2) I think ID stuff will still premier at their own event
3) They could but I am not a 100% sure

I also think that as Microsoft studios grow the time frame between announcement and release will shrink. They will have more than enough to show off at each show and so they don't need to announce so far out. I also expect more smaller games that will be ready a few months out of the show and one game to drop the day of the show

I'm hoping that nothing has big chunks of time.
Keep the pacing, anything that needs more like starfield, could have an inside xbox/state of play that's as long or short as needed giving it time to breath.

If your intrested in the title you get a nice paced look at it, if you're not your not feeling like your being subjected to 8+ min of all these titles taking up too much time that could be spread across all titles.

I'm expecting extended gameplay, and hopefully own inside xbox for the 3 bolded
  • Forza:H5 DLC
  • Redfall
  • Ghostwire Tokyo. Only extended gameplay if its getting DLC
  • Starfield
  • Forza:MS Hopefully a 1Q 2023 release, to spread out releases and continue what will be big game per quarter.
  • Deathloop. Only extended gameplay if its getting DLC
This is in order of my guess of release.
Non bolded could actually be put into a single inside xbox to show bit more than in main show.
Unsure if would actually be allowed to talk about Ghostwire & Redfall on xbox yet due to exclusivity though, so may not be in show at all.

Obviously pretty safe list.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm definitely expecting to see Forza Motorsport and Starfield. Also expecting to see a new Hellblade 2 trailer.

Would be great to see something from ID, and perhaps a Fable trailer and something from Perfect Dark.

At this point there's so many studios that it's probably easier to try to guess what studio might be showing something.

For example, Undead Labs might have something as they've had enough experience with UE5 now that they were tapped to create another studio focused on supporting other MS studios with UE5. State of Decay 2 was released back in 2018, so they might have something (probably State of Decay 3, but maybe some new IP) using UE5 that might be pretty far along.

I'd love to have some kind of sneak peak as to what the new IP that inXile is working on is. Their new IP is probably still at least 2 years away considering that Wasteland 3 was released in 2020.

There's just so many studios potentially working on new IP that I'm really interested to see something shown for what the new studios are working on.

Regards,
SB

something from Perfect Dark.
This is going to sound strange, but I would prefer not to see anything yet.
We know there's been issues at the initiative and crystal dynamics was only brought in recently.
So instead of getting something half baked, just let them get on with it for now.
Unlike previous years should be enough to not have to reach down into the barrel for things even if something could be put together.

Full details Xbox post

Also there's an approx 90min Xbox Games Showcase Extended. See end of post for details

When is the event? Sunday, June 12 at 10am Pacific Time.
How do I watch? The showcase will be streamed out live on official Xbox channels, including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and, for the first time, TikTok.
Important note: the show will be streamed in 1080p at 60fps. For a more representative look at the visuals contained in the showcase, we recommend watching the 4K / 60fps rebroadcast of the showcase on the Xbox YouTube channel, which will be available after the conclusion of the premiere...

Xbox FanFest Watch Parties: There is no better way to celebrate this year’s Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase than with friends around the world! That is why we are inviting all Xbox fans to join us at the Xbox FanFest Virtual Watch Party. To get access, sign up as an Xbox FanFest fan at www.xbox.com/fanfest and opt-in to the virtual event...

Will there be an Extended Show? Yes! Stay tuned for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT where we will share new trailers, take deeper looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase and speak with some of your favorite game creators. This all-new broadcast is approximately 90 minutes in length...

So, they've announced another extended show that will occur on June 14th that will be 90 minutes long.

Will there be an Extended Stream? Yes! Stay tuned for the Xbox Games Showcase Extended on June 14th at 10am PT where we will share new trailers, take deeper looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase and speak with some of your favorite game creators. This all-new broadcast is approximately 90 minutes in length, and will be broadcast live in English, Latin America Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German and French, and the additional languages we offer will be available within a week. Audio Descriptions and American Sign Language will be offered live.

What's interesting is that they'll also be showing new trailers during the extended show. So MS must have a lot of stuff they'd like to show. If recent past "E3" timeframe shows have been anything to go by, the main show will be wall to wall trailers (probably about 90 minutes worth). Then on top of that will be some number of new trailers in the extended show.

Also, while I plan to watch it live, if you don't want to watch it live (live stream will be 1080p/60) the rebroadcast will be 4K/60 on their YT channel. I kind of miss when they still had Mixer and would stream their conferences at 4K.

Regards,
SB

My speculation:

Forza 8
Avowed
Halo Battle Royale
Sea of Thieves new content
Hellblade 2
Starfield
Redfall
Deathloop
Ghostwire
Wolfenstein or Quake
State of Decay 3
Contraband
Indiana Jones

My speculation:

Forza 8
Avowed
Halo Battle Royale
Sea of Thieves new content
Hellblade 2
Starfield
Redfall
Deathloop
Ghostwire
Wolfenstein or Quake
State of Decay 3
Contraband
Indiana Jones

There should be a new mmo announced this year. Dunno if it will be at this show. I think state of decay 3 is to soon. They are a small team and state of decay 2 wasn't that long ago.

I am really excited for Avowed. I also heard a rumor that there may be a fall out obsidian game

There should be a new mmo announced this year. Dunno if it will be at this show. I think state of decay 3 is to soon. They are a small team and state of decay 2 wasn't that long ago.

I am really excited for Avowed. I also heard a rumor that there may be a fall out obsidian game

State of Decay 1 was released in 2013. State of Decay 2 was released in 2018. State of Decay 3 was announced in 2020.

So, it wouldn't be out of line if there was a release sometime in the near future. Especially with the resources that MS have invested into the company post acquisition.

However, there are complications as there's been some employee turnover at Undead Labs due to an alleged toxic work environment. Microsoft's current "hands off" approach to their recent acquisitions unfortunately lead to a slow response from them WRT employee reports of said toxic environment.

That more than anything else is likely the cause for why the title is still nowhere to be seen despite being announced 2 years ago.

Regards,
SB

Back