SF6: Street Fighter 6 [PS4, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Dr. Nick

Veteran
Hello mods please update the thread title once the platforms are known, thank you.
There will be more news this summer

here is some somewhat unrelated content

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
I am curious if this time they are going to use more realistic shaders for SF6, similar to those used at the beginning of the trailer.
It sure gives a different aesthetic to the game.

No word yet but that would be sound judgement. Not sure how much of the Capcom hack that can be discussed but they will have at least two more opportunities after this release to make a version of Street Fighter 6 that is only available on the current gen consoles.

Looking at the newest footage released makes it look like there's an open world component to the game. Either that or maybe there's an extensive single player campaign with integrated city roaming and walking?

There's footage in there of the character walking around the city, running around the city, and even some with the player destroying things (presumably looking for consumables or collectables).

While I used to be really into fighting games, I haven't played one in a while since I can't get into just the pure 1v1 fighting thing anymore. However, I still really like the SF franchise and if there's more to it than just 1v1 fighting? I might just be interested enough to check it out.

Also, the new logo looks like it could be made with an 80's snake toy. :) It wouldn't be flat, but you could likely get the profile right.

snake toy.jpg

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Looking at the newest footage released makes it look like there's an open world component to the game. Either that or maybe there's an extensive single player campaign with integrated city roaming and walking?

There's footage in there of the character walking around the city, running around the city, and even some with the player destroying things (presumably looking for consumables or collectables).

Maybe it'll have a story mode like Yakuza using the city as part of the open world?

With its stunning visuals tailor made for Xbox Series X|S, we’re looking forward to exploring the expansive universe that Street Fighter is set in and learning more about the three new foundational modes: Fighting Ground, Battle Hub, and World Tour, the immersive story mode where players can create and leave their own legacy.

I mean i'm always for more current gen only stuff but these 2.5D fighter visuals dont look like they can get much better to me. It's just they're gonna have a blur filter on last gen.

I mean i'm always for more current gen only stuff but these 2.5D fighter visuals dont look like they can get much better to me. It's just they're gonna have a blur filter on last gen.
new guilty gear is 2.5d and maybe even sf5 but wouldnt call sf6 esthethics 2.5d

At the end of the day isn't the meat of the fighting in a 2D plane (disregarding the new open world side thing they got going in this)? I dont know the technicalities of what 2.5D means but thats what I was getting at and referring to gfx of.

Ehh who am I kidding I wish it was current gen only.

Last edited:
Back