Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Karamazov, this one's for you. Looks like they are translating it to Quest without removing much. Just simplifying the graphics.

Last edited:
That sounds like something I might enjoy (Swordsman).

I am still enjoying table tennis and beat saber though. If you count the PSVR I’ve been playing that, what, 4,5 years? Crazy.

The original Red Matter was "ok" in my opinion, but not great. The puzzles were pretty straight forward, the story was acceptable but not memorable, the gameplay and related challenges were very linear, and the total gameplay time was maybe four hours? I think I paid $4 or $5 for it, so I feel like I probably got my money's worth and that's about it. For the original Quest hardware it did feature decent effects in certain places, however I really wasn't trying to focus on that aspect so much as the quality of the game itself. And honestly the level design was a bit "meh" overall.

The technical showcase is neat, hopefully they spent a lot more time on the story and puzzles too.

I guess the enjoyment of it depends on how much one likes that sort of abstract escape room problem solving. I never finished it. :D It's one of the the many "great intro to VR" sorts of games.

Oof, I wonder how much of a cooling effect that will have on Quest 2 sales? It almost makes me regret not pulling the trigger on one, but I wanted to wait for the next generation of consumer focused headsets to arrive before maybe getting another consumer oriented headset again anyway.

Regards,
SB

It's a weird decision. Quest 2 is a great device but the new price is too expensive especially for a headset that is almost two years old.

Back