Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

He wanted to spend $40b+ just to "fix" spam bots in his favorite social media app? So if there's hardly any spam bots, he won't bother?

I'm confident that's just him spinning the narrative. He is preparing himself a convenient excuse for if the deal fails.

Remember twitter is claiming this amount of bots. Who knows the real amount.

I think MUSK is going to drop out of the purchase and launch his own social media app and this was just to drive division in its competition

I think MUSK is going to drop out of the purchase and launch his own social media app and this was just to drive division in its competition

It makes little sense as a two month long 4D chess 'upset the competitor' strategy. If he stops the take over attempt and develops ThePedoSub Network, it'll be because at this point he wants to cut losses and thinks it's a better option. One thing he's repeatedly shown is that he's dogged about outcomes but not precious about plans that aren't working.

It makes little sense as a two month long 4D chess 'upset the competitor' strategy. If he stops the take over attempt and develops ThePedoSub Network, it'll be because at this point he wants to cut losses and thinks it's a better option. One thing he's repeatedly shown is that he's dogged about outcomes but not precious about plans that aren't working.

maybe but Twitter is having an exodus of users and employees and if he is able to prove that a high % of users are fake then twitter stock will tank even more

It doesn't make financial sense for the purchase in today's economy/stock market. Twitter was ~$30 share before his offer. If the buyout offer never happened, it would be in 20's if not lower today. Paying $54/per share for twitter now is not a good financial investment. I think the deal will come back with a ~$30-40/offer.

It doesn't make financial sense for the purchase in today's economy/stock market. Twitter was ~$30 share before his offer. If the buyout offer never happened, it would be in 20's if not lower today. Paying $54/per share for twitter now is not a good financial investment. I think the deal will come back with a ~$30-40/offer.

Maybe less , some are speculating that over 90% of users are bots on the platform. I think twitter is doomed if its above 10%. The stock would most likely collapse because I doubt advertisers want to advertise to bots

Maybe less , some are speculating that over 90% of users are bots on the platform. I think twitter is doomed if its above 10%. The stock would most likely collapse because I doubt advertisers want to advertise to bots

Twitter is a weird platform where people happily, or even prefer, to follow bots.

News feed bots, deals bots, Elon jet bot, etc

Twitter is a weird platform where people happily, or even prefer, to follow bots.

News feed bots, deals bots, Elon jet bot, etc

It's not the people. It's the advertisers. I doubt paying advertisers are happy to waste money paying for bot impressions. Sure you will always get a little of that happening but 10% ? 20% ? Where do you draw the line as advertisers

I follow very few people on Twitter, just a few who are interesting or funny. Mostly I use Twitter to keep unto date with things I'm interested in, like a semi-created news feed. I post nothing.

Not all 'bots' are bad, some are serving a function.

I follow very few people on Twitter, just a few who are interesting or funny. Mostly I use Twitter to keep unto date with things I'm interested in, like a semi-created news feed. I post nothing.

Not all 'bots' are bad, some are serving a function.

Until your a company paying for an ad campaign and 20 or 30% of what your paying for is seen by bot accounts and not actual users

It's not the people. It's the advertisers. I doubt paying advertisers are happy to waste money paying for bot impressions. Sure you will always get a little of that happening but 10% ? 20% ? Where do you draw the line as advertisers

I wonder if The advertisers could take advantage of the bots. So they can advertise to the demographic that follows that bot.

Like someone following deals bot for oculus quest games. Then Facebook can push ads to the follower of those kinds of bots when there are sale event. Or even push limited exclusive sales.

I have never published an ad on Twitter tho. So I don't know how their ads panel works.

Btw I'm curious, how do Twitter push ads to bots? And why Twitter even push ads to bots? How do bots view ads?

If it's a clandestine bots mimicking humans, then isn't that no different than ads click fraud on any other platforms? Or the click frauds are higher in Twitter?

Until your a company paying for an ad campaign and 20 or 30% of what your paying for is seen by bot accounts and not actual users
That's a different type of bot and Twitter does a poor job at differentiating.

I wonder if The advertisers could take advantage of the bots. So they can advertise to the demographic that follows that bot.

Like someone following deals bot for oculus quest games. Then Facebook can push ads to the follower of those kinds of bots when there are sale event. Or even push limited exclusive sales.

I have never published an ad on Twitter tho. So I don't know how their ads panel works.

Btw I'm curious, how do Twitter push ads to bots? And why Twitter even push ads to bots? How do bots view ads?

If it's a clandestine bots mimicking humans, then isn't that no different than ads click fraud on any other platforms? Or the click frauds are higher in Twitter?

You realize the issue isn't just bots that post content. Its also bots that go and like and retweet content also. If high percentage of accounts are fake then no one actually ever views the ads.

Sounds like the nonsense spouted by truth social, if you dont count the bots on twitter truth social has way more users than twitter and is no way a failure

You realize the issue isn't just bots that post content. Its also bots that go and like and retweet content also. If high percentage of accounts are fake then no one actually ever views the ads.

That's why I wrote about the clandestine bots that mimics humans. As they are basically doing clicks/impressions/engagements frauds

That's why I wrote about the clandestine bots that mimics humans. As they are basically doing clicks/impressions/engagements frauds
Yes and that is what is going to kill the company if its a high enough % of users. Twitter needs to make money and if advertisers pull out then they will not be able to do it

Back