The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Oh you poor thing... :LOL:

I just watched episode 9 (the final of season 2) and my god.... it's almost as if they're actively trying to dismantle everything that was ever good about the character Jean-Luc Picard. What an utter steaming pile of trash this is. If it were just terrible sci-fi that's trying to ride on the coat tails of Star Trek like Discovery is than I could almost forgive it, but the fact that it completely re-writes the character of Picard in the most mind bogglingly terrible ways goes beyond the pure mediocrity of Discovery into whole new uncharted territories of terribleness.

If the series had one saving grace (and it doesn't because it's beyond saving) it would be the superb performance of John De Lancie as Q which is as perfect as it ever was and is still a joy to watch. Unfortunately his talent is let down by atrocious writing and the fact that they seemingly want to turn him into a genie.

I'm still only halfway through the first season of Picard and y'all are not making it easy to catch up to enjoy all the bitching about how awful it is!

I'm still only halfway through the first season of Picard and y'all are not making it easy to catch up to enjoy all the bitching about how awful it is!
If you're enjoying it already then you'll probably continue to enjoy it.

Davros having never seen an episode of Picard is the wisest person here...
(Rumours that's its only because he doesn't have Paramount Plus or Amazon Prime Video are nothing but lies and malicious gossip)
That's no excuse, I don't have Paramount Plus and I hate watching stuff streamed online. :yep2:

This week's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver was pretty interesting. Funny thing is that my sister and her family live in Germantown, TN which he referenced and the main story was about racial pollution stuff featuring East Chicago, IN where I was born and the area he was talking about was just a few blocks from where my wife's last CVS was at. :|

PSA: Opera Browser has been owned by a Chinese consortium for 6 years now, in case that is concerning to you.

Halo ep7 blegh, entirely 'rebel girl' yawn episode.

Picard S2 finale was just as fucking stupid & aggravating as could be expected, the only upside is that the season is now over.

Strange New Worlds: Its a good start.
I don't trust them at all to keep it up (same shitbrains who brought us Discovery & Picard) & there are some things I really don't like.
The ep2 preview looks very unpromising.

Back