The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Yeah this show started off great and then it’s like it got taken over by a totally different team. Not loving it, it makes so little sense in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah. Why series loooove to do that kind of bait and switch?

Why not simply be consistent like community, mandalorian, etc. Or if they want bait and switch, why not do it cleverly like the good place?

Halo series is the worst offender. Episode 1 is like a totally different show

I'm really sort of enjoying Moon Knight. If I remember correctly it's actually pretty close to the source material, and if so there is a reason episode three was the way it was and it's a great one!

Don't give up on it yet please, there's still a few things Marc, Steve, and Konshu have yet to discover about themselves. ;)

When posting these I wasn't aware that there is actually an animated Fall of Reach (I was meaning the book) & its exactly what I was expecting from the Halo show.
Its only a bit over 1hr long so would need to be filled out a bunch to make it into a proper multi-episode show but I think that wouldn't be too hard if your writers aren't morons.

Yup, there is so much material they could have drawn from to make a really compelling show, even for people who have never played the games or read the books.

I'm currently struggling to get up the motivation to even watch episode 3 of the series. It doesn't help that just recently a game developer that I like who is a big fan of the series said the 3rd episode was hot trash. Maybe better than the 2nd episode but still hot trash and that he's unlikely to watch anymore episodes.

It's a weird thing to create a show so unlike the game or books that if someone ended up liking the show enough to read or play the games, they would then be potentially put off by the books and games since they bear almost no resemblance to the show.

I am still going to try to watch the 3rd episode ... probably. But I need to get into the right mindset of torturing myself in order to do so.

Regards,
SB

It's a weird thing to create a show so unlike the game or books that if someone ended up liking the show enough to read or play the games, they would then be potentially put off by the books and games since they bear almost no resemblance to the show.
We live in a world where thats been the norm since Startrek 2009

Where can you find non-moronic writers nowadays? Seems like a tall order.
I've not seen it yet but when you look at the distribution of directors and writers, it's no wonder some series end up as an unintentional tonal mishmash.

Moon Knight S01E01 Director: Mohamed Diab, Writers: Jeremy Slater, Alex Meenehan, Danielle Iman
Moon Knight S01E02 Directors: Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, Writers Michael Kastelein, Jeremy Slater and Alex Meenehan
Moon Knight S01E03 Director: Mohamed Dial, Writers: Beau DeMayo, Peter Cameron and Sabir Pirzada
Moon Knight S01E04 Director: Mohamed Diab, Writers: Justin Benson, Mohamed Diab, Aaron Moorhead

What I'm never quite sure of regards TV shows like this is quite why they need a team of writers? They've only got one story to tell and the authors of the books/comics some of these shows are based on tend to be a single person.

It's obviously different for comedies and the like where they need to squeeze in X number of jokes per episode so I can understand writing teams in these cases, but it's not as if Moon Knight exactly has lots of dialogue. Just get one competent writer to deal with them and let rip!

Outer Range on Prime is really interesting. Some too notch acting and writers with a strange story unfolding and intertwining with the local family history and drama.

The latest halo episode highlights how bad the audio design is.

It have narrow dynamic range, missing/strange LFE and various audio texture (folley?). The whooshing ships, guns, also feels like it was just in stereo. Instead of all-around like how the scene was visualized.

That episode have long "talking" and "nothing" scenes, then near the end there's an "action" scene. So its better in highlighting the audio issues

Hey, do y'all get what's up with Moon Knight now with the closed sarcophagus and Taweret showing up at the end? The lights swinging like that made it a little too obvious imho. :yep2:

That's Master Chief's face? Really? Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
That at best is Master Chief's sidekick's best friend from high school
:runaway:

I've not seen it yet but when you look at the distribution of directors and writers, it's no wonder some series end up as an unintentional tonal mishmash.

Moon Knight S01E01 Director: Mohamed Diab, Writers: Jeremy Slater, Alex Meenehan, Danielle Iman
Moon Knight S01E02 Directors: Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, Writers Michael Kastelein, Jeremy Slater and Alex Meenehan
Moon Knight S01E03 Director: Mohamed Dial, Writers: Beau DeMayo, Peter Cameron and Sabir Pirzada
Moon Knight S01E04 Director: Mohamed Diab, Writers: Justin Benson, Mohamed Diab, Aaron Moorhead

I was actually referring to the Halo discussion, there is not much wrong with Moon Knight IMO. I find it refreshingly weird.

That's Master Chief's face? Really? Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
That at best is Master Chief's sidekick's best friend from high school
:runaway:

the need to "take off the helmet" all the bloody time is also weird.

The expanse did it muuuuuch better. They took off the helmet when it made sense.

The expanse did it muuuuuch better. They took off the helmet when it made sense.
Expanse helmets were all clear visors which helps a lot with still conveying emotion and expression from the characters. It's also a show deeply grounded in reality for living in space. You can't compare it really.

Expanse helmets were all clear visors which helps a lot with still conveying emotion and expression from the characters. It's also a show deeply grounded in reality for living in space. You can't compare it really.

That makes me remember destiny 1. Despite the speaker always wear a full opaque helmet, emotion still can be conveyed.

Destiny 2 have less character with covered face, but the emotions conveyed were dryer imo.

I wonder why... Maybe conveying emotions thru gesture, gait, grunts, and voice tone? Maybe like wall e, and chappie, to some extend.

Back