The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Severance series finale, WOAH!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Two of the best series out right now I would say are Ted Lasso and Severance, and both are Apple TV so almost no one I know has any clue about them. Aggravating!

I'm compiling a long list of shows to watch and Apple TV + has many of them, Severance, Ted Lasso, Pachinko and Slow Horses. May even check out Foundation when I subscribe.

Halo episode 3. I liked it. If you didn't like episodes 1 or 2, nothing here isgoing to convert you. But the relationship being built between Cortana and John is really good. :yes:
The show is growing on me a bit. I think I'm liking the direction they're going.

Note that I've never played Halo and know nothing of the lore or story.

I'm compiling a long list of shows to watch and Apple TV + has many of them, Severance, Ted Lasso, Pachinko and Slow Horses. May even check out Foundation when I subscribe.
Never heard of Pachinko or Slow Horses, but I'd recommend avoiding Foundation like the plague if you're at all familiar with the books.

I read the Foundation books a long time ago, have very little recollection of it.

There are some other shows which are lower-profile. The Mosquito Coast didn't get good reviews but I may check it out since I'd seen the movie.

In that case, read them again and forget the Goyerian nightmare on AppleTV+. It is written by arts students who do not like science fiction but have been forced to rage-read the books.

I misread that as boobs :LOL:

It have nice visuals tho! Some scenes would be amazing to be used as a wallpaper engine loop wallpaper

Because I don't like watching children get beaten to death.
Fair enough. You don't really see it in detail, and I promise, no actual children were hurt in the filming of the episode. It's just meant as a quick insight into the brutality of the upbringing a main character experienced as a child.

Because I don't like watching children get beaten to death.
But you're ok with them being kidnapped, forced into all sorts of questionable surgical/genetic/hormone treatments & prolonged psychological/physical abuse?
Because thats how Spartans are made :!: (or something like it, been a long time since I read Fall of Reach)

Definitely very underwhelmed by that show.
I don't know what I was expecting but its not this, definitely wasn't expecting
Masterchiefs face & Covenant Homeworld/Priests
in the first episode etc.

Severance last episode was terrible.
Because now I have to wait god knows how long until the next episode :runaway:

I've been watching Downton Abbey, great characters & interesting time period.
A bit on the soap-operaish side in terms of characters shifting alliances/between good & bad.
Love the little quips especially from the Dowager Countess, a delightful old dragon :yes:

The show is growing on me a bit. I think I'm liking the direction they're going.

Note that I've never played Halo and know nothing of the lore or story.
My brother and I have never played it, he called me today and said he's really enjoying it regardless of what people are saying online.

I'm actually liking it also.
Be nice to know how well its actually doing.
At least season 2 is greenlit.

They could have basically just done Fall of Reach leading up to the start of Halo CE

I don't know what I was expecting but its not this
When posting these I wasn't aware that there is actually an animated Fall of Reach (I was meaning the book) & its exactly what I was expecting from the Halo show.
Its only a bit over 1hr long so would need to be filled out a bunch to make it into a proper multi-episode show but I think that wouldn't be too hard if your writers aren't morons.

is moon knight episode 3 was written and directed by a whole different team or something?

so many baffling decisions and annoying camera work
Yeah this show started off great and then it’s like it got taken over by a totally different team. Not loving it, it makes so little sense in the grand scheme of things.

Back